Chapter-8

I finished typing the entire story and looked at the place where Gayathri was sitting. She said something to Shalini in the ears and got down the stage. I looked at pixie-cut gayu as she was coming towards me.

“Maru can we go to the hotel?”

“Why? Function is not yet over pixie”

“I told Shalini… I am not feeling well so please understand”

“Oh okay let’s go”

I went with her to Alankar Grande hotel after informing Shalini. I saw that she was worried about something.

“Take rest then... I will wait in reception okay?”

“No Maru don’t leave ….I’m sorry… I lied to you….. Well I’m not sick”

“What the fish!”

As always my bad temper got into me. I slapped her hard and she fell on the bed. I was completely lost! She stood up with her hands on cheeks and smiled at me.

“Are you mad? Why did you lie to me? What will Shalini think about you? She’s alone”

“Well I just wanted to spend time with you that’s why”

“So what? You came for the function only right? Do you flirt with everyone like this?”

As I said that, tears formed in her eyes. She wiped it and tried to hide as if nothing had happened. Shit! Girls and their crybaby tears! I tried to leave the room. Gayathri grabbed my hand. Out of fury, I slapped her again.

“What are you a f** w**”? I’m not that knind of guy”

“Maru I love you”

“What?”

I stood surprised! Did she really say that she loved me? I looked at her. Her face was already hurt by my disgusting behaviour. I realised my mistake.

“See gayu I’m sorry for slapping and scolding you harsly…but love..? you can’t love me”

“Why? I fell for you the moment I saw you…please don’t say no”

“See pixie-cu……”

Before I could say anything, she grabbed my head and started kissing hard. I tried to push her,but I couldn’t…It is my first kiss well..

During that kiss,my head started showing live images of me slapping and scolding her. Tears fell without my notice and it touched her cheeks.

“Maru why are you crying?”

“Pixie-cut I like you…but Vaishnavi…..”

“Well I understand… You don’t need to say anything”

I held her hands and looked at her eyes. It was pale brownish and her face was a little red due to my slap.

“I see her in college daily pixie-cut…whenever I see her, it hurts”

“I’m here for you! Well do you still love her?”

“She is already engaged and her marriage will be ....”

“Well Maru you are the first boy that I fell for…. If you want, I can speak with her”

“And you are the first girl to kiss me…. I like you pixie-cut but …..love is ….well… I don’t know”