Chapter-XIII

After that incident, you can say that my life was changed completely!! I was more cheerful and I decided to concentrate on my college life.

It was my final year and many campus interviews were coming to my college. All the companies which came expected Cgpa above 8 and no history of arrears. I had one arrear so I was not eligible. Everyone ridiculed me why I didn’t get placed except my parents. I prayed to God.

“My dear God! You have been so gracious to me till now! You have fulfilled all my desires till now. Everyone is ridiculing me for not getting placed. Please help me to get placed in at least a single company so that I can prove myself to others!!Thank you! Amen!"

After this short prayer I felt better. SSI Company came for recruitment drive and somehow after some efforts from the college, I was allowed to participate for the placement. First there was a written test, and after that a group discussion. I got selected in two rounds. The face to face Hr interview was difficult. But I tried to be confident and believed in God. After a week I got information that I got selected in the placement drive. Not only that, I got selected in five more companies after that. My parents were happy, and the staff who didn’t like me started to like me. It was like a complete changeover.

The Final year of college flew so quickly. I always texted Shalini regularly and she also found the time for me. After her small chats I felt very better. Her Fashion shows were success and she told that she was now working as a Fashion designer in Bangalore for a modelling company.

I too cleared the arrears I had, and finished college successfully. I missed college a lot and even many juniors who I don’t much care for told that they will keep in touch with me. It took sometime to get over it.

Shalini told that she was returning to Rajasthan for a month to visit her parents.My parents wanted me to work in that company I got selected, but I wanted my career to be based on music. Somehow I convinced my parents that I’ll find job myself. So I headed to Bangalore in search of a job.

I wandered in the streets of Bangalore, went to Mara’s house often and visited all the places I went with Shalini and remembered the fun we had. My dad had called my aunt about my stay in Bangalore so she readily accept me in her home. I was a paying guest but I loved the stay at my aunt’s house.

Shalini mostly called me through facebook or whatsapp call option. She always laughed hearing my voice and I will always smile after hearing hers. I got a job in residential school named Amir’s international for the post of a music teacher and it was fun to teach the children. It was not like a job at all. First the kids were uncomfortable but after they got to know me they were following wherever I go.

I informed my parents and they were happy about it. Shalini came often to visit me in the morning at the school because I could not come out of the school since it was residential and i had some kind of work to get occupied.

Years passed and I built my own recording studio near the school. One day my school Principal called me for an important meeting.

"Mam!! Did you call me?"

"Yeah please sit down.I hear that you are doing a great job in the school. Next month there is a big Event in Taj hotel in which Hollywood Director and its music composer will come to select a few children for his next film"

"Great mam! Do you know the names of the director?"

"Ya it’s Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer"

"Christopher Nolan? Hans zimmer? You mean the director of batman trilogy and music composer of pirates of the carribean and batman movies??"