Chapter-VII

The college auditorium was twice the size compared to the school auditorium and all the seats were filled. I was really nervous because mostly the people who participated were seniors to me.

"God! Please let me win this time. I badly want to win this"

The cultural events started and many teams participated in my college. After some performances, a girl from MC desk announced

"Ladies and Gentleman! Get your hands together for the Demolition six"

I saw Fiona and the seniors on the stage. And, she really looked like an angel! The performance started, and the seniors really played very well and her voice filled the auditorium. The whole crowd was cheering for her team. I felt nervous!
"Will there be any chance for the fascinatin' five to win?"

After their performance, some of the other teams participated and finally our chance came to perform on the stage. My teammates walked on the stage, everyone was pretty nervous. From the stage I could see Mara Jumping on the chair shouting my name

"Machi! Come on you can do it. Kalakku da"

I just smiled and then suddenly I remembered something that my friend Roshan said to me at the school culturals.

"Hey Madhav Serene Sowmya and Kaushik. Even if we don't win this it doesn't matter we will be friends no matter what! So give your best and I have that gut feel of winning this"

My team performed at the stage. Everyone in my team did their best. I too gave my all and I really need to win this. When we were performing, there was a perfect silence. After our performance got over, the audience cheered my team. When I got down the stage, some seniors came near me shook hands said that it was an awesome performance. I really felt proud of my team!!

"Hey Yash! You really rocked the stage. We may even win this competition"

"Hope so Serene!"

The culturals followed with some dance and some rocking performances. And finally, it was the time for results.

And the second runner up goes to
........................."Girl Domination!!!!!!!!!"

A group of seven girls went to the stage. They really did sang well that day.

"Now the remaining two teams are Fascinatin' Five and Demolition six! Who' your favourite guys??"

The crowd shouted both the names of team. I was excited to hear many people shouting for my band. I looked at my teammates. They too were really excited! Even Fiona was smiling with her teammates.

"And the winner of the annual day culturals is
..................................Fascinatin' Five!!

The runner up of this competition goes to Demolition six!"

I could have cried at that moment. Me and my team went to the stage and got the prize. The team members of the demolition six got the prize and came near us and congratulated every one of us. Fiona shook hands with my team. Except for Serene!

"Hey guys. That was an awesome performance. I missed you in my team Yash!"

"Thanks Fiona. It means a lot! But it was a really good competition"

"So can we hang out together tomorrow?"

"Yeah that's awesome! Why not?"

She gave a cute smirk and left, I was really happy. It was even great than winning the culturals. Serene sulked!

"Yash don't go! She is just trying to pass time with you"

"Stop it. She congratulated every one of our team for performance and you didn't even smile at her!"