Chapter-2

I got myself early in the morning and ate breakfast earlier than usual. Mom was surprised to see me in such a haste.

“Where are you going Mara?”

“Actually mom I have to meet my friends and then go to Alankar Grande …well.. Shalini… that chistmas function”

“Oh okay why don’t you invite her to our house?”

“What girls? In my house? No way”

“Apo mooditu veetla  iruda! Shalini ponu ila paaru!” (Then stay at home! As if Shalini isn’t a girl)

“Ok ok I’m leaving bye”

“Dei……….. atleast come home before lunch”

“No problem mom! A friend of mine promised me a treat today”

Before mom could say anything, I rushed out. Why should mom always have to ask so much questions? My Mom would have really made a good detective.

I reached the hotel room and knocked the door. Shalini opened and welcomed me in. I saw Gayathri in a sleeveless shirt and what……. she is wearing a half-torn pant but…her eyes!!!!!

She was not wearing her nerdy glasses. I took a minute to study her eyes. They were piercingly beautiful and..

“Mara! Stop staring at her like that”

“Nothing Shalini……well… She was without her glasses so she looked kinda cute”

“Ha ha leave him Shalini. He’s a good guy….! Well really maru?  Am I that cute without glasses?"

“No you look sexy with those glasses”

“Oh man! You are giving these open comments… You have lot of guts”

“Nothing like that pixie-cut! Let’s leave…… I’m hungry.. You promised me a treat”

“Yeah sure!”

We went to Anjappar hotel which was famous for non-vegetarian cuisines. The waiter came…

“Anna oru mutton biryani, oru fish fry, oru chicken 65, chicken tikka masala and naan for me”

“Maradona stop being such a meanie…..”

“It’s ok Shalini I promised him a treat so leave it”

I tried to eat everything in the menu list but unfortunately I couldn’t! Thank God Gayathri was paying the bills because I know that the food which we ate were expensive.

“Thank you so much Pixie-cut! You gave me treat just as you promised. Wish Shalini was like you”

“You shut up Mara”

“Ok it’s time for the program to start so let’s leave”

We three reached the place by a taxi. The function was organised at one of the biggest slum areas in Coimbatore and the place was really stunning with Christmas decorations everywhere.

Shalini and  Gayathri went near the stage. I took a chair and sat at a place where there was no pestering people or girls…!!

The function started with some beautiful performances from small children. As we were watching, my phone vibrated. It was a Facebook message from Gayathri. I looked near the stage and found her smiling at me.

“Hey! What’s up? I’m right here sitting in front of you and you are texting in Facebook?”

“It’s boring here Maradona”

“So concentrate on the function Gayathri”

“No I feel like talking to you! You are fun”

“Oh….. but you… a single girl. I’m a single boy”

“Ha ha instead of chatting on Facebook, you can come here na”

“Near the stage? No way! People will think in wrong sense..”

“Huh like what?”

“Well never mind! I’m comfortable texting on facebook plus you now that I get on my nerves most of the time so..”

“Then no problem Maru”

“Ok so Gayathri are you studying engineering?”

“Yes I’m doing Electronics and communication engineering at IIT”

“Wow… That’s great!"

“Nothing great and btw please call me Pixie-cut or Gayu. I like those names better than my name”

“Ha ha ok Pixie-cut Gayu”

“You know what? I seriously like you so much Maru”

“Ahaan! You are the second girl who said so”

“Who is the first girl then?”

“Guess I better shut my mouth”

“Anyways you are the first guy that I find interesting”

“Hmm… Then you should meet my friend Yash! We are the KIT-Quaidas”

“What shit is that?”

“Well we both formed that terrorist group in the college. I'm Mar-quaida and my friend Yash-a-quaida”

“Haha who are the members and what is the goal of this organisation?”

“Members…? Me and Yash of course… our goal is to prank the lecturers who make us sleep and for those who try to torture us!”

“Ha ha so how will you prank them?”

“Lots of ways! We create memes and release them on our official fb page KIT-Quaidas and some stuff cant be said you see”

“Well okay Maru! Seriously I couldn’t stop laughing”

“I’m going to check the page when I get free time so before that I will ask you a question and you shouldn’t get angry for that okay?”

“Why were you so angry when I called you Mafia? If that’s too personal you don’t need to tell me”

“Hmm actually no one knows about this except my close friend Yash”

“Oh…… Is that because of a girl or what..”

“Kind of…..She was an angel! I missed her”

“Hmm so you also have a love story or what?”

“I won’t say it was love. It was kind of in between. Anyway it’s over. She is happy now…. I don’t deserve her”

“Hey I didn’t know that you were this kinda emotional guy!”

“Actually I’m a guy who hated girls like hell…. Till she came… she was the first girl who…. Well..”

“If it is too personal you don’t need to tell that”

“Yeah I’m kind of a very reserved person but I feel like that I should tell you Gayu”

“Ok your wish Maru”

I looked at the place where she was sitting. She was concentrating hard on her phone. As I was looking at her, she gave a look at me and smiled. I could have literally went near her to tell the story.

“It will take some time to type the story so will you wait Pixie-cut?”

“Hmm yeah sure go on”

“Ok… it was during my college days when I met her…”