Chapter-VI

I reached home filled with happy thoughts! The girl I wanted to be my friend asks for my number, and a new music band? “I’m the king of the world!” After reaching home, I received a phone call.

"Hi Yash! This is Serene"

"Think of the devil there comes. Ha ha!"

"Shut up. We have our college annual day culturals in two weeks! Do you know any musician from our college?"

"No serene. What will you do for the culturals?"

"I’ll sing of course. I know some friends who know music in our college. So we can perform together as a team"

"Oh that sounds great. Why don’t you invite Fiona also?"

"Always blabbering that idiot’s name! Hey she is not good as you think. She may play guitar and sing well but she doesn’t have a heart!"

"Why? She chats well with me Serene"

"She flirts with any boy in any corner of the world"

"Hey don’t talk wrong about her!"

"Why? Do you love her?"

"Not exactly!!"

"Then shut up and listen to me. I know her well Yash!! We both studied in the same class. She thinks she is the best in everything so shows lots of attitude!"

"Oh! But I don’t think she is bad at heart"

"Then why didn’t she let you join with her?"

"Seniors have already invited her before I asked it seems"

"That’s crap. Anyway! I feel happy to have you in my team. Ill introduce you to people who know music tomorrow"

"Thanks for inviting me Serene. Great to have you as my friend"

"Ok bye! See you tomorrow at college"

The next day as I went inside the bus, Fiona avoided seeing me and pretended to sleep, I was disappointed. Just then Serene waved her hands and smiled at me. After reaching college, I waited to walk with Fiona but she didn’t notice me and walked alone. Just then someone grabbed my hand.

“Hey! I told you don’t mind her. Just come with me there is plenty of time to introduce to people who know music”

It was Serene of course! She took me to a class and introduced a girl named Sowmya. She smiled at me and said that she sings and plays violin also, then she introduced me to a guy named Madhav who said that he was a keyboardist.

"Hey Serene! We have only four members in our team. The eligible criteria for participating in cultural events should be five or six members and my friends said that we don’t have a chance of winning them. Plus, Fiona is on their side!"

"Don’t worry Yash! Believe yourself. I really loved your performance which you did in school. I’m ready to teach Fiona a lesson!"

My head was crowded with thoughts. What if Fiona stopped speaking with me? But I really wanted to perform at the culturals! If I join with Serene, Fiona may even forget me. But she didn’t invite me to her band or join with me. Oh god! I’m so confused right now!

“Dey mandaya ena da peraku paathutu iruka! Class will start soon”

It was my friend Mara scolding from a distance. I got to my class and sat with no peace of mind.