"Son of a bitch!" he hisses in pain as he removes the stake and throws it away from my reach. "This is ridiculous!" Leo says in a soothing voice towards me, but there's an edge to it, as well as if he is losing patience with me. "You are forcing my actions here, Isabella," he growls. There's a threat there, but I don't care.

"As if anyone can force anything out of you!" I say with an indignant roar.

I don't need the stake to weaken him. I can use my own two hands. This would give me enough time to find where the stake went; I ran towards him, my fist ready to connect with his face.

Leo rolls his hand into my wrist. He drives my arm over and pulls me backward, then gets on top of me, pinning me to the floor.

I don't lose my concentration, so I take the knife hanging from his belt loop and slam it hard against his chest, merely missing his dead heart; blood pours into mine, drenching my shirt with it. Leo sighed and shook his head as he stood up slowly. Thus, I back away from him until there's a safe distance between us. I stand up slowly, and Leo disappears from my sight, but this time, I have a feeling I know where he is running off to. I don't have time to stand up when he's in front of me. My hand balls up into a fist, and I throw it at his face. His palm is in front of his face, intercepting my punch. His hand is around my fist and turns me around. He then puts his arm in front of my chest and pulls me back until my spine is against his chest.

I don't let this position distract me, so I lift my fist halfway. I efficiently use my hands to quickly lift Leo briefly and flip him in front of me, making him fall to the floor as soon as my hands are free and I get on top of him.

With one hand, I grab the hem of his shirt, and with the other one, I throw punches into his face. Repeatedly.

"I HATE YOU!" I say between punches.

"Isa," he groans in pain.

 I keep using his face as my punching bag.  Leo growls, puts both hands around my chest, and pushes me back again, making me fly off him. He stands up fast and rips his trashed shirt off his chest. Leo walks towards me, and my hands go over until it holds a fist full of hair. And I bring his head down into my knee hard, which makes me remember how painful that force is. But I ignored the pain as I drove Leo's head into it again; crimson leaked from both his nostrils as they twisted, but when Leo looked at me, he had healed the blood on his face, which was the only reminder that I had been hurting him.

He lifts a hand, making me let go of him. "Can you please let me explain?" He groans.

"NO!" I scream in anger. I have barely wounded the bloodsucker, and yet I am almost done. I can feel it. I am weak and hurt severely. My back cannot take another hit; my vision has become blurry, and sweat slides down my body like a torrent in a river.

Leo is more powerful than any vampire I have ever faced, and I have a slight suspicion that he's not fighting back.

"I will not hurt you," Leo soothes.

There's a sarcastic smirk on my face. "Well, that makes one of us." 

My hands ball up in a fist as I throw it his way, wanting it to connect with his face. Leo blocks it with his palm skillfully and again closes his hand around my fist. Then he tackles me, like a linebacker drilling a quarterback from the blindside, a clean shoulder-to-shoulder hit that hurts my spine. The pain throbs; it's deep and warm but not excellently. I can't shake Leo off me. Our breathing is in sync, hard, and labored.  And I know I am done.

"Isa," he winces, making me wonder if he is in pain, too. "You're hurt." 

I stare into Leo's face; he clearly doesn't want to continue. It is my chance, so I nod, looking contrite.