1.14 What's a broken heart?

Start from the beginning

I open my eyes softly and stare at him. "You are not going after her... are you?"

"Your blood tasted fantastic," he says, ignoring my question. 

I thought my cheeks had just caught on fire for a moment, and then I realized Leo's words made me blush. How can I blush? There's not enough blood in me for that yet. I like your lips on my wrist. I thought.

"Are you changing the subject?" I try to sound annoyed and robust, but it comes out awkward and embarrassing.

Leo looks down at me, his face cast as deadpan as he could manage, yet he fails. A crease of amusement is at the corner of his would-be-somber lips. "A little," he stares at my cheek, which gets hotter as he looks. "Why did you blush at what I said?"

I curse under my breath. If he keeps it up, I would pass out for blood loss. I am in Leo's arms. I was the one that did the rescue, but still. The atmosphere screams romance. We are only missing a kiss. A soft sigh escapes my lips. The kiss I denied him yesterday, now I want the damn kiss, and I need it. I close my eyes tight.

"I haven't willingly given blood to a vampire in my eighteen years." I open one eye to see his reaction. He is smiling down at me warmly. It was his rare smile. This smile thaws my frozen heart. I love this smile. He sits down and keeps me in his lap. 

"So, how did you feel when I bit you?"

I blush again. Damn him!

Something tells me he is looking for an excuse to kiss me. "It... felt good."

Leo lowers himself to me. My heart starts to beat fast. Leopold whispers something I do not understand. I close my eyes and wait for the inner voice to warn me against this. It doesn't. My inner self wants the damn kiss too.

In a swift motion, I am lying down on the bench. I didn't even feel Leo move. He is on top of me, using the bench for support. I lift my head a little to meet him halfway. He puts a hand on my cheek and lowers himself towards me. Our lips touched, and my lips parted automatically.

"LEO!" Leo curses under my lips, then moves away. I stay on the bench, eyes closed. I feel Leo staring at me for a quick moment. "Elena needs to talk to you," Angela yells, hopefully too far to know what's happening. Leo sighs with annoyance, making me open my eyes.

"I'll be right back."

With that, he walks with Angela back to school. I lay on the bench thinking about the almost kiss, wanting and needing it.

But Leopold did not come back. It has been a minute since Leo took my blood, so I can sit on the bench weakly but not feel dizzy. I stand up and slowly wobble towards school. The closer I get to school, the more I worry about Liverpool.

What if he got in trouble again?

I immediately go straight to the kitchen for something sweet when I regret my decision. Angela is sitting on the counter, legs wrapped around Leopold's waist, as both kiss with a disgusting passion. Leopold's hands are resting on each side of Angela's body for support, and Angela's hands are around Leo's neck.

I gag without making a sound and close my eyes angrily, taking a deep breath. I knew it! Damn it! I knew damn well Leopold was a player. I saw all the broken hearts at school. I still let him get to me. Tears started falling down my cheek, and I cleaned them fast with my hand. I turn around and start going to my dorm room.

Like that, I am added to Leo's list of broken hearts.

"What's that?" Angela says, looking around nervously. She unwraps her legs from Leo's waist.

"It's just Isa," Leo says, stepping back and staring at me with a smirk.

My heart sinks further.  Is it just Isa?

"Isabella!" I snap, but my voice breaks.

Fuck! I move fast towards the staircase, trying to escape this hell.

"Um," Angela says nervously. She stares into my face for a moment with a frown. "I'll... be right back, Leo."

She doesn't wait for his response; she leaves. Water accumulates behind my eyes, so I go up the stairs fast. I'll be damn if I let the vampire see me cry for him too.

I should have known he wouldn't let me go to my dorm. Like the strike of lightning, he's in front of me. I take a step back to get away from his odor.

I glare, hoping he can read nothing but hate on my face. The wince he gives me tells me he does. "Isa..." It seems like breathing for him is complicated.

"DON'T EVEN BOTHER!" I yell at him.

"It was just a kiss." I approach Leo and make sure my palm connects with his face. His face turns to the side with the impact. That's a first. The dull pain in my palm is a slight sign."Okay?" Leo finishes, turning his face back to stare at me. Leo sighed as he stared into my face. "Is nothing major." I can't talk because if I do. I'll cry.

So I try to step around, and he matches my move by blocking my path. I glare at him, breathing hard. I will kick him in the groins if he keeps pushing me. I thought we had a moment. I thought I was special. Leopold felt differently. He must assume I would not kiss him back and cool off with Angela.

Again, I try to step around him. Leopold grabs me by the arms and pulls me to him abruptly.

 "I can kiss you, too," he whispers. I am too mad at him to be affected by our closeness. "Would that make you feel better?" 

I fumed. How dare he! What kind of girl does he take me for? Leo kissed the wrong girl today. Angela is my friend I would never hurt her that way. If we would have shared a kiss on the bench, then I would have said. It just happened is not like you two had something, but now? Now? It would make me a bitch.

I am heartbroken, but talking about Angela was a safe subject. "You're playing with Angela's feelings."

 Leo stares at me in disbelief. But we both know I am right. Angela read into that kiss more than Leo did.

"It was just a kiss. Jesus," he looks down at me with a smirk. His hands slide down from my arms towards my back, and he keeps me in a hug. "Just. A. Kiss," he murmurs, pressing our bodies together. "Want me to show you?" 

He lost that chance where he could ever taste my lips. I lift my leg and kick him in the groin with all my power. Leo yelps in pain as I grunt the moment my knee connects with his parts. I push him off me making him stumble and fall on his ass.

"Don't you dare put your disgusting lips on me!" 

Leo stands up and runs towards me, grabbing me yet again. I hiss under my breath. "Jealous?" He whispers.

Yes! My Inner conscious yell. I elevate my leg again and kick him hard in the groin for a second time. He let go of me to hold on to his member. Too bad he was a vampire. It would only last a second. I run towards my bedroom, locking the door. I throw myself on the bed and cry myself to sleep.