Chapter 44: Arthur's Determination

At dawn...

Angelica and Angelina were inside a pitch black dungeon lit by several torches.

"Alright. None can see us here.", Angelica said while still looking around, clutching a paper seal.

"What is it, sister?"

"Listen, Lina. You'll be my son's trainer, so I expect that you'll mold him to a great warrior, as much as possible, that surpasses all of us. In order to do that, the monstrous demon living inside him MUST be controlled.", she said very seriously.

"What!? So my suspicion is true. There is a monster living in him. But how?"

"During his birth 15 years ago..", Angelica started. "The entire hospital were destroyed as dark red energy came bursting out of him with a very dark voice spouting threats to everyone. I was extremely weakened by the time, so I couldn't do anything to control the demon possessing his body.  Luckily, Tyron went and sealed the demon away in Arthur's body. Its powers and influence were limited, but it still resides when he transforms into Dark Angel. Devilish horns comes out of his head and the dark red aura comes as his natural mana nature, which could prove fatal to every existence once out of control."

"Wait sis... You don't mean the demon inside him is!?"

Angelica nodded with a nod, "That's right. The consciousness... of Bahamut."

A cold wind brewed and sent chills to their spine as they spoke the name.

"Arthur seemed to inherited Bahamut's powers dominantly, with the demigod and angel powers restraining it for full takeover. Reinhart is a strong warrior that trained for a lifetime, and was defeated by Arthur who just transformed to a Dark Angel with no prior heavy training or experience at hand. Such powers comes out of him when his emotions are at his peak, which weakens Bahamut's seal and gives him a tremendous amount of red mana. So here comes my reason why I called you here, before you train him."

Angelica gave several sealing tags to Lina and a scroll.

"What are these?"

"Those are the demon sealing techniques reinforced by my father and Tyron to restrain Bahamut. Lina, only us can know about this. Otherwise, Zeus will ban Arthur from heaven or in the worst scenario..."

"Give orders to exterminate him.", Lina finished.

Angelica nodded, "Damn right. Lina, we are all counting on you. You are the only person with no records of failing a mission, that's why we entrust you with this difficult task."

Lina tucked the seals in her dark cloak, "So my real mission.. is to help Arthur control his demonic powers, am I right?"

"Correct, Lina. For Chaos is a very formidable opponent that even us may not able to defeat, Arthur has the powers of four realms combined in his very being. Our hope is dim as of now, but we can do nothing but have faith that Arthur will be able to bring out his true strength. And here's the most essential thing."

Angelica performed several ninja hand seals, "Summoning Jutsu."

A large scroll appeared and popped small. Angelica catched it and stared at it.

"Lina, use this key only if you are sure that Arthur will be able to tame Bahamut in him. If both of you fails, it might mean the end of us as Bahamut may rise once more and join Chaos' forces."

"Sister.", Lina asked worriedly. "Are you all really putting on this dangerous gamble for Arthur?"

"Yes, Lina. All the more reason why we chose you for this mission. We can only entrust my son to someone like you. I believe... that you won't fail us."