Chapter 7: Mystery of the Past

Rays of sunlight hit Artesia's eye when a sunny morning came greeting her. She slowly opened her eyes and sat on the bed, "Where am I?"

Artesia shivered as she stared at her clothes that were half-dried as of now, "What a mess! I'm stained with mud all over my body. I need to change... but I don't have any spare."

She stood up and wandered around the room. She saw a small table, old cabinet of clothes, and a piano. "This house looks very old-fashioned... Wait, this house could be our destination! But what exactly should we be doing here?"

Artesia continued exploring around her little room until a small picture frame caught her attention. "Th-This is!?"

Her hands were shaking and eyes crying as she saw an image of a woman with black hair that resembles her too much, "C-Could you be m-my.... Grandma??

Artesia gently put the frame on the table it was on and dumbfoundedly sat to the bed with her expression full of mixed happiness and confusion, "There's no mistaking it! The woman on that picture looks like me! It's like me looking at my future self! She must be our Dad's Mother, Amy!"

She was very amazed to the point that she just sat there on the bed while looking at the picture, "It feels good to be in your room, Grandma. Even if me and my brother never met you, being here makes me feel like I am at home and you were tending over me. Heehee. And yeah! Speaking of my stupid brother, where is he?"

After leaving the room, she rummaged first on the wardrobe of her Grandma, "Hmmm... Oh this one will do!"

She pulled out a long, white dress from there, "WOOOOW!". As the dress she were holding were as white as any material on Earth could be, Artesia couldn't help but be eager to wear it immediately.

As she started stripping her dirty black clothes, someone knocked at her door, "Hey Artesia? It's me. Open u-"

Artesia grabbed something hard from her side and threw it at the door, "DON'T YOU DARE PEEK AT ME, YOU PERVERT!"

"B-But I only want to say that breakfast is rea-"

"GET OUTTA THE DOOR!"

Soon Arthur sighed and decided to wait a little further from the door and shut his mouth.

"Sheesh.", Artesia pouted and proceeded on stripping down her clothes. "One peek from you and I swear to clobber you. Stupid Brother."

After taking every piece of clothing she had, she looked at herself from the mirror and removed the ties of her twin-tailed hair. Artesia soon smiled as she saw her pure body on the mirror with her long, black hair behind her. She took the picture frame of Amy and looked at the mirror with it, "Look Grandma. I look like your xerox copy. Heehee. But I hate my long hair to be untied. It makes me uncomfortable. At least something makes us different from each other."

She put the frame back on the table and grabbed the white dress, "It's warm... and soothing." Soon she wore it with ease and giggled at her reflection from the mirror. "I guess I look pretty too with my hair untied. Well, I shouldn't keep my perverted brother waiting outside. Besides, I am hungry as hell."

She picked up her black clothing and booths and were about to open the door and she screamed.

"ARTESIA! WHAT'S HAPPENING!?", Arthur yelled on the other side of the door and were banging at it.

"Br-Brother! I think what I just threw on the door... IS A CRYSTAL OF TRUTH!", she shouted back as she carefull tried to grasp a hand-sized, deformed, and glowing white rock!

She immediately opened the door and let her brother see it. They gasped as Arthur's pocket on his waist lit up with gold light and he took it. He opened the map and they saw black inks forming into a big arrow and it was pointing exactly at what Artesia were holding.