Chapter 43: Parting Ways

After such a happy celebration, everyone went to their places of comfort to rest for the night. Arthur and Artesia bid farewell to their friends.

Wilma and Arthur went to a garden beside the palace and took the time privately.

"Sorry, Arthur.", Wilma took his hands. He looked sad not to be with her for the night. "But it seems like the time hasn't come for us to stay in one room just yet. Also, Mom and Dad insisted that I should spend the night in the Light Realm to discuss a few matters about my training. Arthur, I do believe that your time to train with Head Captain Angelina will also be tomorrow, as well as Artesia and the other Nightingales."

"I know.", Arthur silently nodded. "My Dad already told me earlier about that time chamber and stuff. I'm just saddened... I have just gotten along with you. We just became a couple... and here we are, parting ways again."

"Arthur.", Wilma hugged him while crying. "Don't you dare think I don't feel the same. Not to be with you in a year is too much for my heart to take. But what else can we do? The universe heavily relies on you. There won't be any future for us if you fail. That's why... even if its hard... we must endure. Okay?"

"Okay.", Arthur cried back and hugged her. "I'm really, really going to miss you so much, Wilma."

"And my heart will always long for you, my love.", she gently said. "The next time we meet, I want to see you as the strongest warrior ever!"

"Whaaat?", Arthur chuckled and smiled at her. He happilly looked at her shiny blue eyes directly. "Wilma, do you really believe that I can do it? Can I really save the universe from chaos?"

"Of course I believe. Silly.", she smiled and caressed his cheeks gently. They stared at each other endearingly, like nothing could be more beautiful to watch than each other. "If you fail, I won't be with you. Do you want that?"

"No! Of course not.", Arthur answered with a worried face that made Wilma giggle.

"That's the spirit!", she hugged him again. "Arthur, I believe in you. My faith for you is immeasurable like my eternal love for you. I always have."

Such words pierced Arthur's heart and made his eyes stream with tears.

"Wilma... I love you so much."

"I love you so much too, Arthur. More than my own life."

Soon they stared at each other, slowly closed their eyes, and kissed for another warm and tender moment. They stayed like that for as long as they could.

And then...

A bell rang in the distance and startled Wilma.

"Oh my! My parents are now calling for me.", she said as she ran away, but stopped to stare at Arthur.

"Wilma..."

"Arthur, do your best, okay? I love you! Don't ever, ever forget that.", Wilma bowed.

Arthur swiftly rummaged in his pocket and pulled a shining golden crystal. He approached her and gave it.

"Oh my...", Wilma cried out of joy as she received such a beautiful jewel. "How?"

"I've found one during my journey back on Earth. It was so pretty, just like you. It reminded me so much of you, so I picked it up from a muddy ground and washed it while remembering the first time we met. You're so special to me, Wilma."

Wilma said no more words and hugged him as tight as she could do, "Thank you! Thank you so much... Now I won't be lonely when I train for a year. Arthur... take care of yourself. More than anything, I always pray for your safety."

Arthur stared at her sadly, like he is deprived of such kind and pretty princess.

"I will. I definitely will. Take care, my princess.", Arthur forced a smile and bid her goodbye.

Wilma smiled and came running out of the palace grounds. Arthur sadly watched her walk away, until she's completely gone.

While doing his best to suppress his tears, he swiftly went back up to the palace and after a few minutes of fast walking, he reached the royal chamber and came storming in his room, ignoring Artesia and Reinhart who are talking to each other in front of her room.

Arthur locked his door away and came limp on his bed and bursted to tears.

"Why... Why do I have to suffer this way? I'll... I'll definitely put an end to this fight, and be together forever with you, Wilma."

------------

"What's wrong with him?", Reinhart asked to Artesia.

"Must be broken hearted to be separated with Wilma now that we are all about to train tomorrow for one year in the time chambers...", Artesia answered as she stared at the door of Arthur's room.

"I see.", Reinhart said sadly. "It pains me as well.."

"What do you mean?"

Reinhart looked at her and sadly smiled, "Why, I wouldn't have to see you for so long. It makes me... a bit lonely."

"Stupid.", she blushed and pouted. "We can go lovey dovey to each other after this war is over, Reinhart. I promise you that."

"R-Really!?", he beamed with energy. Artesia giggled.

"Of course.", she raised one brow. "But you'll have to promise me as well."

Reinhart gently held her hand, "What is it? I'll do anything, if its for you."

"Reinhart...", Artesia looked at his blue eyes romantically. "I want you to promise me... that you'll also do your best in your training. I want you to promise me that we'll be together when all of this is over."

Reinhart happily nodded, "Alright. A simple request from my princess, huh? Then consider it done."

"Humph! You better do.", she blushed, looked away, and folded her arms. "I... Its not like I will miss you or anything... but can you give me something that will... You know, make me remember you while I train for a year?"

"Of course.", Reinhart excitedly rummaged in his pocket and pulled a box. "Here."

"Oh my god. What.. is this?", she amazingly stared at such expensive looking box.

"You'll know when you open it. But please do it when I am gone.", Reinhart smiled at her. "I have to get going anyway. I'll be in great trouble if the bell of the Light Realm rings for a second time."

"Alright...", Artesia said sadly. "I will see you again, right?"

He nodded and held her cheeks, "We will. I also promise that. I love you, Artesia."

"I... I also love you, Reinhart.", her face fumed red. She was shocked as he suddenly kissed her. It goes like that for a while, until she too, closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment. Soon Reinhart hugged her and she hugged her back. Both of them were crying and said in unison.

"I will miss you. I love you."

------------

Artesia went to her room as Reinhart leaves. She opened the box and saw a beautiful purple jeweled pendant. She happily went to her mirror and wore it.

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she stared at the beautiful jewel.

"Reinhart... I already miss you. You're such an idiot... lying to me that you trained, while you did go out and went through a lot just to buy me something so unique and beautiful. Until we all meet again..."