Chapter 23: An Unreachable Love

At the moon terrace..

"Seems like Greed died.", hissed Wrath. The six remaining homunculi were sitting on their seats on the raised platform on a terrace on the moon.

Thousands of demon soldiers are standing by, facing them.

"Serves him right, that brainless bastard.", Pride were greatly pissed that his invisible aura can be felt by many because of the pressure it exerts.

"Heh. What can you expect from the skull of him? He has nothing inside in the first place!HAHAHAHA!", cracked Envy.

"Shut your mouth.", Sloth planted his right hand on his throne and slept with it.

Silence permeated on the terrace. Gluttony suppressed his hunger by grabbing a demon in a flash and devoured it completely.

Lust, a young woman clad in dark robes, were just silent while fingering a picture on her pocket.

"Just imagine the SHAME he inflicted on us.", hissed Pride. "Those divine trashes must be rejoicing as our numbers are reduced by one just by some idiotic action. From now on, all of you will not TAKE ACTION without my consent."

"Do we really have to kill those two?", asked Lust.

"What.", Pride turned his head slowly at her direction with a dangerous tone."Exactly do you mean by your question?"

"I.. I mean we already have enough Crystals of Truth to revive our Lord Chaos..", Lust immediately folded. "So.. I think there is no need to kill them. Lord Chaos himself will obliterate all of our enemies and Bahamut as well... not to mention Lord Lucifer and Satan's power. Put together, we are invincible, even if Tyron or David himself fights on their Super Transformation."

Pride were silent for a while, but his anger still remains.

"That may be true.", he finally settled on his throne. "But as long as those two rats exist, there is still a threat. Cosmos knew the destiny of this universe. She knew we are going to succeed, so she took immediate action and created the Blessed Stone that struck the Earth on delivery two years ago. She entrusted the fate of this mud ball planet on two inexperienced brats because she sees something on them that would trample our plans. They had given both of them a destiny where only those two will be able to grasp and control the powers of the scattered crystals in a good manner. So as long as those two exist, they are and will always be a threat."

"In other words, we must kill, kill, kill them!", snarled Wrath and cracked his knuckles.

Lust bit her lips and decided not to bring up the matter again.

"I guess it was worth the try.", she said inside her own mind. "Of all the people to be blessed by Cosmos, why does it have to be you, Arthur!? That means we'll have to fight... And I will have to kill you. I guess its my own fault for what I did to you in the past..."

"Well, since you kindly brought the topic.", smirked Pride, followed by an evil chuckle. "Why don't you go down and take care of those two?"

Lust couldn't wish nothing but just bring back the time, but it is impossible.

"I can't defy our leader. I don't want to betray anyone else again. Forgive me, Arthur... I will have to kill you, even if.."

She teleported to Earth and hovered above the city of Tokyo.

"Even if you are my childhood sweetheart."

She then took out the photo she were holding where a white haired kid were happily chasing a black haired girl were taken many years ago. It's like the girl kept on teasing his hair and the boy went for her, annoyed.