24

"Marcus I swear if you wanna repeat the thing we did last time, I'm not up to that." Maja says. I just chuckle. Oh I would like that but I can't mess up this time.

"Me neither." I say. I take the rose from the table where I left it and turn around to Maja. I give her the rose and she looks at it surprised.

"Maja, since the day I first met you, I knew there was something special about you. You make me feel the way no one else can. You mess with my head and make me crazy. Shit, you've even friendzoned me like ten times and I'm still here doing this. It took me a while to realize it, but I understand now that I really like you." I say not even knowing where this is headed.

"Marcus, where is this going?" Maja asks.

"I like you, I really do. Could you give me a chance? At least one date." I ask and hope for the best.

"Yes!" Maja says. I start smiling widely. "But you better not mess up."

"I won't." I say and get so excited that I kiss her. "Sorry." I say and scratch the back of my head.

"Hey it's okay, you're a good kisser Marcus Gunnarsen." Maja says smiling.

"So are you." I crack a smile and kiss her again.

We spend some time on top of the hill just talking about random stuff and looking at the stars.

After a while we get up and start walking home. We're walking in complete silence. I look down at Maja's hand and after thinking for a while decide to take it.

"Good night Marcus, thank you for a great night." Maja smiles and turns to me.

"No problem." I smile back. She quickly kisses my cheek and goes inside. I just stand there and look after her for a while before leaving too.

I climb up the ladder and knock on Martinus' window. He startles a bit but opens it for me. I go in and close the window.

"How did it go?" Martinus asks.

"It went well, thanks for helping bro!" I say and pat his back.

"All I did is tell you to buy her flowers but no problem." Martinus says smiling a bit. I can tell it's not a real smile but I don't say anything.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed now, good night bro." I say and give Martinus a quick hug before I leave his room.

I go to my room and take off my shirt and pants and go under the covers. I try to fall asleep but there's too much on my mind.

I finally got Maja to go on a date with me, I don't know why she agreed. I mean I'm happy but still. She said she only likes me as a friend.

I guess she got tired of my whining and agreed out of pity. Well I hope not.