14

Martinus has successfully avoided me all weekend. The only times I've seen him were when the whole family was eating.

It's Monday morning, Martinus has already left for school. Of course.

I grab my bag and throw it in my back. Then I put on my shoes and leave the house. In school Martinus can't avoid me so I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind. I walk to school and see Martinus talking to Maja, of course. Fuck him.

"Martinus!" I yell from the doors and keep walking to him. He turns to me and looks a little terrified. Good.

"Marcus look, I'm sorry. I was drunk and couldn't control myself." He tries to explain himself. Yea right, like I would listen. I grab him by his collar and push him against the locker.

"Marcus stop!" Maja yells just as I'm about to punch Martinus. I let go of him but push him so he hits the locker.

"What the hell is your problem?" Martinus asks looking at me.

"You! You broke the promise!" I say maybe a bit too loud.

"Oh yea, like you wouldn't have done the same." He smirks.

"No, I wouldn't have, because I care about you." I cross my arms.

"When it comes to girls you don't seem to care about anyone, you just have to get your way with them." Martinus rolls his eyes.

"Okay that's it." I say and grab his collar again.

This time I punch him in his eye. He stumbles back a bit but then punches me back, and then we just start fighting there in the middle of the hallway.

"Marcus and Martinus Gunnarsen! What is going on in here?" Someone says in a very angry tone. It's the principal.

I quickly stand up from the floor. Martinus stands up next to me. Everyone is looking at us. Just great.

"To my office, now." The principal says strictly.

I start walking behind him with everyone's eyes still on us. I hear some whispering around me like 'what is going on with the twins' or 'i didn't know Martinus drinks'.

We get to the office and I sit on a chair by the desk. Martinus takes the seat next to me. I kick him in the leg.

"Stop it you fucking prick." He hisses at me and pushes my chair further away from him.

"Boys stop that." The principal steps in his office. "Now tell me, why were you fighting."

"Martinus broke a promise." I say.

"I-I'm not following." The principal says confused. Yea like he would care.

"He broke a promise between twins!" I say standing up from frustration.

"Marcus Gunnarsen, sit down." The principal commands. I mumble something but do as he says. "Now, I don't know what this promise was, nor want to know, but I'm going to have to call your parents and tell them what happened."

"I-I don't think it's necessary." Martinus says quickly.

"They will find out sooner or later, you both have black eyes and Marcus has a swollen lip." The principal says dialing a number. I guess it's either dad's or mom's.

"Okay boys, your parents will be here soon. We will discuss this thing through with them and decide whether you're going back to class or be suspended for a couple days." The principal says. I can hear Martinus gulp next to me.

I feel kinda bad for my little brother. He's not used to this kind of things. It's not like I get into trouble all the time but more than him.

After like ten minutes our parents get to the office. They both look mad.

"What happened here?" Dad asks, clearly trying to cover his anger.

"Your children got into a fight in the middle of the hallway. Marcus told me Martinus had broken a promise, which they didn't tell me because it's not something I need to know." The principal explains.

"Martinus what did you do then?" Mom asks from Martinus.

"I kissed a girl me and Marcus both like." He says quietly looking down.

"There's no need to settle this here. I just had to call you to let you decide whether to suspend them or send them back to class." Principal says.

"Oh dear, they both look awful. I think it's better to stay home at least today." Mom says looking at my face with a worried look.

"Okay, you're free to go."

I immediately stand up and leave the room. I go to the hallway and notice that everyone is in the hallway.

I walk through the hall not caring about all the faces on me. I'm about to open the door when someone grabs my hand and turns me around.

"What the hell happened earlier?" Maja asks still holding my hand, well, wrist.

"Nothing, just forget it." I mumble and rip my hand out of hers.

"Marcus you are not leaving before you tell me." She says and pulls me behind the corner.

"Oh god, well, me and Martinus both kind of like you so we made a deal so neither of us get to have you." I explain.

"Marcus I-" Maja starts but I hear dad calling me from the door so I just push past her and go out.