23

"I have the worst hangover ever." Martinus complains when he comes to my room.

"You'll get used to them eventually." I say. Martinus rolls his eyes and sits on my bed. I yawn and get up.

"Did you hook up with anyone last night?" He asks. I sigh and nod. "Why aren't you smirking and all proud about it like you usually are?" He raises his eyebrow.

"I don't know, it's just that I don't feel like doing that anymore. I want a girlfriend." I say. I can't believe that I just said that. Neither could any of our friends.

"Really? You? Well who do you want?" Martinus asks.

"I want Maja. But she doesn't want me. She said she doesn't want you either but I don't believe her." I explain.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." Martinus says. I look at him confused. "I mean the part about her not wanting you."

"What do you mean? Have you talked to her? What has she said?" I go stand in front of Martinus.

"I'm not gonna tell ya, but I'm gonna give you a tip, buy her some flowers." He says.

"Martinus, our deal." I remind him.

"Forget the deal, just go get her." He pats my shoulder.

I quickly change my clothes and run out of my room. I put on some shoes and leave the house.

I slow down when I get to the store. I'm out of breath so I lean to my knees with my hands and just breathe for a while.

I step in to the store and look around. I pick a big, red rose and buy it. Then I go back home. I have no idea what I'm going to do. Why did I buy this rose before thinking?

I put the rose in some water and take it to my room. I start thinking about what to do. After like an hour of thinking and planning I've come up with the best plan of my life.

It's been a long day but finally it's 1am. I put on some warm clothes and climb out of my window with the rose in my hand. I go to the hill where we went last time and place the rose on a table which is up there.

I text Maja asking if she could come out with me now and after some convincing she agrees.

I go to her house and wait outside for her to come out. When she finally does I can't help but smile.

"I hope you know what we're gonna do so I'm not just wasting my time, I could be sleeping right now." She says but smiles.

"I know I know, follow me." I say and start walking back up to the hill.