16

"I can't take this anymore!" I say banging my head on the table.

"Oh big brother, that is what having a crush feels like." Martinus says patting my back.

"Well it feels like shit, so how do I get rid of the feeling?" I raise my head and brush my fingers through my hair.

"You can't just get rid of it. It'll fade away." Martinus explains. I sigh and continue eating my breakfast.

We both finish eating so we get up from the table and go put on our shoes and coats.

We get to school and everyone has their eyes on us. Couldn't everyone just leave us be? I just wanna be alone. Well, as alone as you can be in school.

I see Maja and stop. Should I go to her? Should I leave her alone? Why am I suddenly like this?

I have always been confident around girls and then this one girl shows up and completely messes me up.

I shake my head and walk up to Maja. I place my hand on her shoulder and she jumps away.

"Oh, hey Marcus. I didn't know it was you." She says placing some of her hair behind her ear.

"Yea, umm, I was just wondering if you had something to say yesterday because you seemed kinda stressed or something." I say.

My hands feel sweaty and I'm so nervous. And I don't even know why. How could one girl make all this happen just by standing there in front of me.

"Can we talk after school?" She just says biting her lip. Oh no, it's serious. She's gonna tell me she likes Martinus. And that they're dating. I knew it.

"Yes of course." I say trying to sound as calm as I can. Then I just leave and go find Martinus. I want to give him a piece of my mind.

I find him and pull him around the corner. He was talking with some of our friends but I have something important to say.

"I can't believe you're dating Maja!" I say. Martinus looks at me really confused.

"What? I'm not! Why would you think that?" He says almost laughing. "Did someone say we were?"

"No, but she said she wants to talk after school so that has to be what she wants to talk about!" I say.

"Marcus you're so paranoid, I'm not dating Maja. Just calm down and be normal." He says chuckling and goes back to our friends.

How can he be so calm at a time like this? When the girl she likes is around. How does he do that?

I'm going crazy. I lean to the wall and bang my head against it. Why is life so hard. Why is having a crush so hard.

"Are you okay Marcus?" Oh no. Of course it's Maja. Kill me now.

"No I'm not!" I yell throwing my hands in the air and walking away.

"Marcus stop!" Maja yells after me. She catches up to me and pushes me into an empty classroom. "Sit." She then says pointing at a desk.

I jump a little so I can get on top of it. Maja stands in front of me taking a deep breath.

"Marcus I'm sorry." She says. It feels like my heart drops. That's it. He likes Martinus.

"I-I, you, for what?" I ask trying to keep myself from shaking like crazy.

"I don't know how I feel about you. Either of you. But I know that I couldn't come between you guys. Your brothership is more important than any relationship." She explains.

"Uhh. You're right. Of course." I stand up from the desk so I'm really close to her.

"I think I have to go to class now." She says but doesn't move at all.

"Yea me too." I answer while getting lost in her eyes. Wow I sound like a girl. But I don't care, her eyes are the most beautiful shade of blue.

"See you." Maja says and quickly goes to get her bag.

"Wait! I want to test something." I say going back to her. She turns around so she's looking at me in the eyes.

I look at her for a while and carefully place my hand on her cheek. Then I lean in and place my lips to hers and nervously wait for her reaction.