Chapter 18- In Which Our Heroes Meet Professor Xavier

Ruari's POV:

        I stepped out of the van with a sigh. We followed the other teenagers into a lobby. One of the girls walked off, probably to find Professor Xavier. The others disappeared down different hallways and the four of us were left alone. Everett's cat squirmed and meowed in his arms. I rolled my eyes. "Why did you bring that?" 

        "Because I like her, that's why?" 

        "You're in love with your cat?" Gerard asked with a blank face. 

        Cavendish laughed. Everett sighed. "No...." He put his cat down just as a man in a wheelchair came around one of the corners. 

        "Ahh, you must be the mutants my friend Nick sent. Director Fury. The Man With the Single Eye. Whatever." The wheelchair creaked a bit as he wheeled closer to us. "I'm Professor Xavier. What are all of your names?" 

        "You already know that." Everett said, stilling holding the cat. 

        The Professor's eyes twinkled. "Of course. But I want to know who you think you are." 

        "I'm Everett." 

        "Cavendish Carter, pleased to meet you." 

        "Gerard!"

        "My name is Ruari." 

        He motioned for us to follow him as he went down one of the large hallways. The floors were immaculately polished marble, and the walls were painted in tasteful, subdued colours that set off the paintings nicely. Everyone was silent as we went after him. 

        We ended up in a room with a few couches. I sat down immediately and the others joined me. Gerard started bouncing up and down on the comfortable cushions, making the couch squeaked. We all started bouncing, even the cat. 

        *cough* The professor raised an eyebrow at us. "Now. Next question... you're here to get more complete profiles on yourselves?" 

        We all nodded. 

        "Alright, well then. My secretary will take the three of you," He pointed to Gerard, Everett, and Cavendish. "To the records room. Ruari, come with me, I have someone for you to meet." He was already wheeling his wheelchair away like he only had three minutes left to live. I stood up and raced after him. 

        After going down several halls and up an elevator, we ended up in a sunlit drawing room. 

        A man was seated on the far side. 

        "Ruari, this is James Logan. James, this is Ruari." 

mwhahahahahaha it's her dad...

ohkay guys i know that was short but my brain was like "oh you wanna write? WELL HERE"S AN EMPTY BRAIN WITH NO IDEAS!!!!" and i was like oh ohkay den-

love you guys!