Chapter 7- In Which Ashar Uses A Computer

I split off from the small group. I wandered around until I popped into a room filled with glowing screens. Computers. Only one of them actually had someone in front of it. Ashar turned when he heard my footsteps. His huff blew his bangs up. "What are you doing?" 

        I shrugged. I looked around some more. Everything was chrome and steel and glass. The room itself was tiered like an inverted fancy American cake. I walked down to his level. The metal was cold under my feet, all the little perforations digging in. It was absolutely freezing in this room. 

        "Are you seriously cold?" 

        "Yes. It's really warm where I live." 

        "Why are you in here?" He said while typing. It was like he had a problem with me. His face was flushed white in the light of the computer screen. His eyes darted back and forth over the markings on it. 

        "Do computers hold records?" I asked, off of an idea in my mind. 

        He blinked, his blue eyes disappearing under his lids. "Yes. Now will you please leave? Why do you want records?" 

        "Because I know that they have records on me, and I want to find out what they already know about me." 

        "That's weird. Don't you know who your parents are, and so on? Here, I'll pull up the file." Things popped up and disappeared multiple times until he worked to find the file. "Here it is." A picture of me was in the top right corner. I hadn't realized I looked so frightening. I had my claws up in front of my face, my claws dwarfing my skinny arms and torso. "It says... Name: Ruari Ace Logan. Parents: The Wolverine and actress/model Sonority O'Connor. Age: 16... It says they want you to join the Avengers group, along with..." He clicked and another window came up, this one just a list. 

        "So on this list.. there's... you... Cavendish Carter? That is an unfortunate name. Gerard Manley. C'mon, where's my name? Everett Hopkins... No one else? Why am I not on this list?? Is there something wrong with me??" He pushed buttons wildly on the screen and it goes totally black. I got up and walked off. I didn't want to deal with him being annoying.