Chapter 6- In Which Loki Crashes

A huge crack shot through the air as Thor and the light collided. Everyone stood frozen as they kept on falling until they hit the deck. The Helicarrier rocked back and forth. All the planes swung against their tethered lines. People in dark uniforms scrambled to get out of the way. No one moved until it was still again.

        Black Widow shot forward towards Thor and another man who was just laying on the deck. He could be in shock. The thought propelled me forward as well. Thor struggled to stand. He stood and picked up the other man with one hand. "Loki! Answer me! Why have you come back to Midgard??" 

        "Brother, it was not my choice. Truly. Father banished me from Asgard, and stripped me of all my power. I'll probably never get it back." Thor just scowls up at him.

        "I do not believe that lie, and you would do well to know it. Why are you back on Earth?" 

        A look of desperation enters his eyes. His eyebrows squeeze together over his green eyes. "If you want proof, look at this shirt. Do you really imagine that I, Loki, Lord of mischief would be wearing a shirt with garish ponies on it?" He motions to his shirt as Thor slowly sets him down on his feet.

        The shirt is black with six ponies on it in horrendously bright colours that are not found in nature. "Yeah, I can't see him wearing that, given a choice." Black Widow muttered. "Still, we better tase him just in case." She pulls out what looks like a gun and pulls the trigger. Metal wires spiral out of the muzzle and sink into Loki. He twitches wildly, flailing in time with the electricity. He goes limp and Thor tosses him like a forgotten toy on the floor.

        "I want nothing to do with him." 

        Natasha and I sigh. "Well, what are we going to do with him?" I ask. 

        "What do you think we should do with him?" 

        "Put him downstairs with some food and water. And give him a haircut. He's looking shaggy." She laughed. 

        "Alright, let's do that then." She picked up his torso, and I grabbed his legs. 

        "Ugh he's heavy. Maybe we should put him near a treadmill." She groaned. I nodded in agreement. We eventually got him downstairs. Natasha propped him up in a chair while I pulled down some food. She then walked over to the knife block and pulled out a couple knives and a pair of scissors. She snipped them in the air. 

        "No, not like that. Like this." I curled my fists, unsheathing my claws. They're dramatically sharp with edges that can coincidentally cut single hairs. Loki's hair is far too long and kind of greasy and slick, so I just shop as much of the length off as I can quickly, then focus on making it even. 

        "A mohawk? Oh-" She pulled out a gun and held it to his head. "He's waking up." Was her whispered explanation. He indeed was waking up, slow movements becoming faster. He stood up suddenly, banging his knee against the table. 

        "Ow. Ow. I am not used to mortal pain." He turns around to look at the both of us. "Oh Natasha Romanov. Isn't it wonderful to see you?"

        "Yes, I generally do like seeing myself."

        "Ever annoying. Who is this fine young lady with the various metal hand accouterments?" He motions to me. 

        "I'm just another person."

        "Ah, but you're not, are you, because you're here on this ship with the likes of her, and Thor, and whoever else the dragged up like dead cats." I could see his mind furiously grinding behind his eyes, twisting and turning through all the people he knew to try and find me. His eyes became meer slivers. 

        "I don't believe we've ever met... I'm Loki, Asgardian god of mischief and lying, and trickery, and that sort of thing. But I've been currently stripped of all my power, so I won't be performing any tasks of such a caliber for a long while." 

        I smile. "I'm Ruari Logan. Just a normal human. Oh and I gave you a haircut." 

        His face collapses. "Do you know how long it took me to grow all that?" 

        "I don't really care..." Black Widow mutters. "Loki, we'll be going to see Director Fury now." She motions towards the door with the barrel of the gun. He sighs. 

        "Well. Guns do change things don't they?" 

        Natasha blinks in exasperation, then sighs. "Move, unless you want me to call security teams down here to carry you out without your dignity intact." 

        "My dear Natasha. My dignity left with my powers and my hair." However, he complies and we all walk out and up to the higher deck.