Chapter 9- In Which There Is A Military Base

We landed on a busy airstrip. Men in tan-green jogged in tight formations across the various runways. Hawkeye did a few post flight checks while Steve and I got out. A man came up to us. "Colonel Ronald Davis. I will be taking you to the nearby college campus. We also have the supplies you requested." He gave a salute. 

        The landscape around the airstrip was dry. It felt exactly like home. Mostly tan with dots of green like breaths from the tired worn out soil. Hawkeye caught up with us and we followed the Colonel into one of the huge warehouses. We were each given a plastic bag. "You may change in the bathroom facilities across the warehouse. Please rejoin me when you are finished." He stared off into the distance as we left. 

        "He's stiff, yeah?" Clint said. I nodded. 

        "Yeah. Like a man with a giant beetle shell." I said. 

        Steve shrugged. "The military never changes..." 

        "You were in the military?" I asked. 

        "Yeah, long story kid. Tell you later. Frozen, other stuff." He waved me off and disappeared into the men's bathroom. I opened the bag the Colonel had given me. There was a button down shirt, jeans and a green sweater. I grimaced. I didn't like the colour green. I pulled on the clothing anyway. I looked at myself in the mirror. No, I stared. Stared was a better word. I had developed a slight fascination with reflective services just a few days ago, when Tony had showed me how to turn any computer screen into a mirror. 

        I pulled through my hand through my hair, turning my head this way and that, then twisting my body back and forth. I stepped on the plastic bag. It shook me out of my vain train of thought. 

        The guys were waiting for me. Together we went over to Colonel Davis. He nodded. "Follow me and we will begin the journey to the college campus." 

        We ended up crammed in the back seat of a military jeep. Hawkeye sighed underneath his sunglasses. "Ohkay, we each have a role to play on this mission. Rogers, you are a grad student coming back for a master's degree. Logan, you are a new college student. I am a college advisor and I will be guiding you around campus. Just follow me." 

        We both nodded. 

Yes this is a shorter chapter, but I'm not quite sure how the next part is going to go, so I need to think it over, and I"m really tired and lonely and I want chocolate and friends. And someone to do my homework. And someone to talk to me.