Chapter 11- In Which Loki Becomes An Avenger

We all just stared at him. Hawkeye started walking towards the plane and I followed. "We're leaving you guys behind!" Hawkeye shouted. They both hurried to catch up. We all strapped in to the seats as Hawkeye took off. 

        "What are your super hero names!" Gerard stated, rather than asked. 

        "I'm Captain America, in service to America, this wonderful country." 

        "I dunno, I think Mother Russia is pretty sweet..." Hawkeye muttered from the front seat. Steve rolled his eyes. 

        "That's only because you want Natasha as your sweetheart." 

        "Sweetheart? What is this, 1945?" Hawkeye pointedly said back. 

        Gerard took all this in with large, lit up eyes that glowed behind his glasses. "Like- Captain America? C-cap? Steve R-rogers!" He stuttered out. We all nodded. 

        "I'm Ruari Ace Logan. From Kenya." Gerard blinked, then grinned.

        "Everyone is so cool on this plane!" He squeaked, then pushed his glasses up his nose again. 

        Just wait until he gets onto the Helicarrier. I thought. We soon landed and Steve stood up. "I'll take Gerard here, and go to the meeting room, you and Ruari take care of the Quinjet." Hawkeye nodded and started doing internal checks. 

        "Ruari, could you start hooking up the buckles and straps on the outside?" 

        "Sure." I hopped out of the plane and began strapping the plane to the deck of the Helicarrier. After that I went to the meeting room. Everyone was there except Hawkeye, who came in right after me. Fury spread his hands on the gray tabletop. We all got settled. 

        "This is a meeting to confirm the presence of four new recruits for the Avengers Initiative Project, funded by SHIELD. We have with us today: Gerard Manley... Ruari Logan... Everett Hopkins... and... Cavendish Carter." 

        Someone's phone rang. Tony picked up his phone. "I actually need to take this call- it's Pepper. " He stood up and walked just outside the open door. His voice floated back in. "Yeah. I'm good. What? He isn't?? What's it this time! But- he's just- gone? Ohkay. I'll see. Um do everything you can ohkay? Bye Pepper." He walked back in. "Ashar's gone." 

        We all gasped. "Gone? He's not at home, here, or at his school?" Fury asked. 

        "No, no he's not, don't you think I would know that by now, look I've got to call the police, actually I need to go search for him myself. Now. So goodbye. Everyone just carry on as usual." He dashed off, his feet pounding in the hall. 

        Natasha sighed. "We can sort his problems out later, let's carry on with the meeting." 

        Fury nodded and adjusted his patch. "Alright. Ruari! You're here. And that would be Gerard next to you. Cavendish.." A girl with curly brown hair smiled. Fury nodded and  turned his gaze to Everett, who nodded. He seemed calm and dignified, unlike Gerard, who looked around the room with undisguised awe. 

        "So. You four are going to be on the Avengers team. And Loki is too." 

        "No! He will not be on our team!"

        "Are you mad!"

        "He might not be mad, but I am!" 

        "Are you serious? He's our enemy!" 

        "I dunno, he's kind of serious...." Cavendish Carter had a smooth voice. She twisted her hair around her finger as she stared around the group with wide eyes and a tiny smile on her rosebud mouth. Her hair was carrot coloured and arraying in long smooth curls. 

        "Enough! Loki is now part of the Avengers. That is how it is, that is how it will be. He does not have any powers, even though he should have used them when I kept throwing teeny pebbles at him." Fury said. "Now. I will be assigning an older member of the team with one of the five new members. Everett, you will be with Captain America. Ruari, you will be with Dr. Banner. Cavendish, you would have been with Mr. Stark... but we'll put you with Thor. Gerard, you will be with Hawkeye. Loki, you'll be with Black Widow." 

oops. did i just make loki an avenger? i think i did. hmmmm um well. yeah. i hope you guys like it.