Chapter Seventeen

Começar do início

"Maybe Uncle Stefan needs to tell Auntie Caroline to stop looking at him like that…" She smiled, stepping in front of Damon and knocking on the door loudly, shouting. "Uncle Stefan..Your most favorite person ever is here. I'm all dressed up too!"

"So, she says that not seeing her would be better for both of us, until I figure things out with Rebekah." Stefan shrugged, placing a bowl of water and dog food down for Duke, watching his ears twitch a bit as he laid down by the sliding door that led out to the pool and the beautiful ocean side shoreline that practically was Stefan's backyard.

"I've already figured things out with Rebekah, buddy. I can't stand her and I want her out of my life for good. She, should have never come back. I was perfectly fine without her." Stefan confessed, rubbing his face over his hands and exhaling out a breath as he heard a little girl's laughter and a loud booming voice coming from the shoreline. "Stefan! You home?" Damon shouted, walking up the patio steps that led to Stefan's backyard door.

Damon watched as the back door to the patio opened up and Duke came straight for him and Izzie. "He isn't going to bite us, is he?" He asked his brother, hearing Stefan laugh, shaking his head.

"No. Duke, come here." Stefan said, whistling as he watched the dog's ears perk up, his head snapping back as he circled around Izzie and Damon, sniffing them both for a bit and wagging his tail.

"I think he missed us, Daddy." Izzie commented, feeling Duke lick her hand as she smiled up at her Uncle and her father.

"I think he did too. Listen, kiddo. How about you take Duke over there in the sand and feed him a few of these yummy treats. Not too many though..And, stay where I can see you." Damon instructed his daughter, handing Izzie a bag of treats and watching Duke walk slowly beside her, eyeing the treats in her hands as she stepped off the patio and sat in the sand.

"Don't go near the water, Iz!" Stefan shouted at her, turning his chair so that he and Damon could keep an eye on Izzie and Duke as they both played on the sandy beach, in the warm sun.

"So, where's the trainer and your girlfriend, Elena. What happened?" His older brother asked him, leaning back into the wooden patio chair and keeping his eyes glued to his daughter and the large black and light colored German Shepherd sitting beside her in the sand.

" It's complicated. Besides, she's busy. We just don't see each other that often as we both would like." Stefan vaguely stated, looking out to the water. He could tell that Damon was annoyed by his simple answer, probably internally begging for more than what he was getting out of his brother. Yet, Stefan really didn't know what else to say because after his last chat with Elena. He wasn't sure where they stood anymore.

"So...Stefan, you're telling me that you don't see your so called girlfriend. Everyday." Damon pointed out, watching his brother squirm a little as he exhaled heavily. "No, Damon. Elena is busy. Just like I am. She helps her aunt out a lot and she has other obligations. She can't be around me, 24/7." Stefan shrugged.

"It just seems a little odd. I mean, when you were with Rebekah. I saw her every single day at your place. She was like a leech sucking the life out of you though. Speaking of your ex-wife..Did I mention that she threatened Katherine and I?" Damon asked him, changing the subject and turning his head to glance at his brother who looked visibly uncomfortable just with the mention of Rebekah's name.

"She, What?" Stefan spat out, feeling the irritation of the thought of Rebekah growing.

Damon nodded, leaning forward and opening the ice cold water bottle in front of him. He took a sip, wiping his mouth with the back of hand as he continued to speak. "Yeah, she thought it would be cute to bring in Elijah as well. Nearly gave Katherine a heart attack. But, you know my wife..She loved putting your former lover in her place. Needless to say, Rebekah left all huffy and puffy without the result she wanted. She said she wants our company, Stefan." Damon explained, hearing his brother loudly exhale, disapproval riddling his face.