Chapter Forty

Groaning I look at the clock at my bedside for what seems to be the hundredth time this morning. It's finally eight o'clock. Throwing the sliver of bedsheets that somehow managed to stay on my bed after a sleep full of nightmares. Sitting up I rub my eyes and climb off of my bed. Kicking the bulk of the bedsheets aside I let out a yawn. Stretching I walk over to my phone laying on my desk.

Turning it on I see a few messages from Kara. Most of which says words I'm sure that she didn't say last night.

"She probably didn't have the guts to say it to my face." I mutter noticing that they were sent not long after the fight we had. Setting my phone down I run my fingers through my hair. A few are caught in the tangles causing me to work them out.

Hearing my phone let out another buzz I ignore it. Grabbing my towel from my closet I walk into the bathroom before quickly getting ready. After showering and getting dressed I slip socks onto my feet before standing up.

My stomach growls reminding me to get some food into my system. Walking out of my room and into the kitchen I'm met with the glare from Father. Not wanting to be in the same room with him any longer than I have to I out a small sigh I grab the first thing I see. An Apple.

Taking a bite into it I walk to a place I haven't been for a while. The backyard. Sitting on the green grass I let the blades slightly tickle my sides while taking a bite out of the fruit. Juices run down the side of my face. Wiping it away I chew my gaze towards the oddly shaped clouds. Birds chirp while others loudly sing their songs. The warm sun feels nice as clouds hide it away from any prying eyes.

Taking another bite I let my thoughts wander only to end up thinking of the fight I had with Kara last night. How she demanded that I get out of the house, the insults that I pierced her with, and the look on her face when I called her pathetic. The tears that slid down her cheeks. Shaking my head I then think of the words she said and what she called me.

She as well as Jared turned away from me once I told them my theories. Although Jared did come around after a day or two. Keeping this to myself is a better idea. That was just luck. I tell myself while swallowing the broken down Apple in my mouth. Taking another bite I push away a memory of Tori that is begging to be remembered, but I can't let that happen.

Just like the memory of Nicholas funeral and that shock that came with remembering. He died that night at the party that all of Tori's friends seemed to be at. How Nicklaus cheated on Tori with Ivy and the aftermath that it all caused.

Clutching the apple in my hand I feel my anger begin to bubble over the closed lid. I'd tried my hardest the past few days to "keep it under wraps" as Tori would say. I know that if I can't I'll end up regretting it later. Yet now as I'm staring at the apple core in my hand I can feel anger explode inside of me.

Standing up I throw the apple at the fence watching as it breaks. Turning around I walk back into the house only to meet face to face with Father. He glares at me as the door slams shut behind me. Glaring straight back I watch as words I've never expected flow from his mouth.

"That mistake you call a sister is no daughter of mine. I'm glad she's gone."

Anger turns bitter on my tongue, "No daughter of yours? How could you say such a thing? She's your child. You helped raise her alongside with Mother-"

"You've always been blind from the truth Alexandria. She's not my daughter. Your Mother went on a business trip as she always does every few weeks. She's lying to all of us and has been for months."
"What are you talking about?" I ask confused as I stare at this sober man in front of me. A man who has thrown his life away and in turn lost almost everything because of it.