Chapter Twenty Four

A/N: Early Merry Christmas present from me! :) I hope you enjoy and just know that I'll be updating soon.

"Yes, that's me. You're Victoria's little sister... I haven't seen you in forever. Why don't you come inside?" Closing her mouth she steps aside allowing me to enter into her house. Walking inside the small house I see it's almost empty aside all the boxes everywhere. The front door behind me shuts as Olivia walks up to me.

"What's with all the boxes?" I ask as she leads me to sit down on one of the couches. Sitting down the old things gives a little at the pressure suddenly upon it. Checking her watch for the time she then looks up at me, "I'm moving."

Looking at the neatly placed hand labeled boxes on the far wall I wait, but after a moment of silence I realize that she's not going elaborate.

"So where are you moving to?"

"Look I know you didn't come here to chit-chat, so if you could just get to the point that would be greatly appreciated."

"I'm here because I have a few questions that I believe you can answer for me."

Leaning forward slightly she looks me directly in the eye, "And what makes you so sure I can help you?"

"You were one of the last people to see her before she disappeared and none of her other friends seem very willing to talk to me about that night."

Olivia mutters under her breath, "I wonder why..." while fixing a strand of her hair that fell out of place.

"You want answers about that night? Then you really should be talking to Charlie or Matthew. They were with her after Nick left unlike the rest of them."

She called Victoria's ex-boyfriend by his nickname that only Toir used... Where Olivia and Nicholas together before he and Tori dated? I heard that Nicholas dated someone in their friend group before settling on Victoria.

"I've already talked with Charlie a little bit, but she's reluctant to say anything about that night and I can't find Matthew anywhere. Not having his number doesn't help at all."

"Why would they openly talk about their missing friend of five or so years? Most people don't like talking about the past especially when it hurts. Look you want my advice?" I nod my head. "Then stop looking into her disappearance. It's just going to cause you more heartache. This is a job for the professionals, not a sixteen year old girl."

Folding my arms over my chest I interrupt, "I'm seventeen, not sixteen."

She rolls her eyes before saying, " That's beside the point I'm trying to make here."

Standing up from the faded brown couch she walks past the dining table and into the open kitchen just a few feet behind the family room. It's then I notice a glass already sitting out beside the sink. I watch as she fills it with water then drinking it. Drawing my eyes away I look around at the tan walls and stained carpet.

"You along with the group of friends just graduated High School this year. Am I correct?"

Setting the glass down she gazes out the little window above the sink as if lost in thought. "No, I graduated the year before the rest of them did. I'm twenty years old unlike nineteen the lot of them. The only reason I stuck around so long was because of my cousin was friends with that group."

I didn't know that Olivia was a year older than the rest of Tori's group of friends. I always just assumed that they were all the same age. I wonder who her cousin is out of all Tori's friends...

"Who is your cousin?" I ask watching as her back noticeably stiffens. Walking back to her seat on the couch her face is cold and distant like her milky grey eyes. Her lips are pressed together so tightly they begin to look white as the words slips past, "I'd rather not discuss it."

"Why?" I press wanting to learn something more than her age out of this conversation because if I don't then all of this seems to be a waste of time. That means I drove out here for nothing.

"You already know why. After all it's not that hard to connect the dots..."

"What are you talking about?"

Knock!

A pounding on the front door cuts off her next words before they have a chance to leave her mouth. Her eyes briefly connect with mine before drawing to the door. Walking over she opens it causing me to stand up. Walking over I hear a familiar voice say, "Are you Miss Lockwood?"

"Yes. What are you Officers doing on my doorstep?"

"We've gained new information regarding Victoria Lawrence's disappearance and that you may have withheld information from us."

I watch as she shifts from one foot to the other when I realize why that voice is so familiar to me. It's Officer Hansen: he was one of the Officers that asked me questions after Tori's disappearance.

"Oh, really now... and where did you find this information?" I watch as the other Officer pulls out a notepad and reads a name off of the notes.

"One Matthew Rogers. By the look on yer face I'd say you know who I'm talkin' 'bout."

It's then I hear Officer Hansen speak, "You're going to have to come with us down to the station. We'd like to ask you some questions in more details."

She starts to say, "Okay, give me a second-" when she's cut off.

"If you'd just come with us then we won't have any problems. It'll just be real quick."

Now standing beside her I comment, "What did you find out about my sister?"

Officer's Hansen's sharp blue eyes soften slightly when they land on me before saying, "Miss Lawrence. I'm sorry to inform you that we can't disclose that knowledge with you at this time."

The young man standing next to him had his black hair cut in a short clean cut while his observant icy eyes watch me.

"The only reason we aren't haulin' yer ass down to the station is because Matthew Rogers told us that you weren't there that night. Apparently you know nothin' 'bout it."

"Officer Johnson, watch your tongue." Officer Hansen lets out his only warning as he motions for Olivia to follow him. Following her I shut the door behind me as they escort her to the police car. As Officer Hansen gets in the driver's side without a second thought, Officer Johnson opens the door for Olivia before locking her in. Officer Johnson slams his own door shut in the driver's seat. As the car starts the ignition lets out a sound as loud as a gunshot.

The gunshot shatters the air around me as my ears ring. Mouth open in shock I watch as her gold locket desperate to get away as her blue eyes fade of light. Almost in slow motion she falls to the ground lip parted in a vacant scream. Blood seeps through her clothes from the point of entry caused by the bullet. Eyes casted upwards to the starry sky all the while the life leaves her body. Gasps of air are desperate to draw an ounce of air into her lungs as blood falls from her nose and open mouth. I stare at the culprit in disbelief while tears fall from my eyes. She's dead. My sister has been murdered.