Chapter Twenty Five

I let out a groan as my phone continues to ring on the table beside me. Slowly reaching over I quickly hit the silent button, yet by the shifting of the form next to me on the bed I know that I wasn't quick enough. A hoarse voice asks, "Is it him again?"

I can tell by his tone that he knows exactly who it is. With the phone it hand I take a quickly glanced at it to find that he's once again calling. Silence hangs in the air as the name tumbles from my cracked lips, "Yes."

The bed creaks as the man next to me shifts before getting comfortable. Although I can't see him I know that he's looking at me. The phone in my hand stops vibrating as the light fades after a moment.

"I thought you had fixed that problem already."

Shaking my head I reply, "No. I was so close when-" My words catch in my throat suddenly choking me rather than giving me the air to breathe.

His arms reaches over to me pulling me towards him on the bed. Feeling his body heat and the soothing patterns that he's tracing onto my arm I'm able to breath a little easier.

"When our daughter went missing. Listen, I want you to know that I'm doing everything I can, but the two detectives on the case are a stubborn bunch and Chief Anderson won't let me work the case. When I do find out anything from Officer Johnson or Hansen I will inform you."

Nodding I grip him tighter. The phone in my hand starts to ring once again causing me to glance down at it. William.

"I starting to think that you don't answer he's just going to keep calling us." Silently agreeing with him I slid my index finger across the screen. Lifting it to my ear I wait, "Listen I'm sorry. I miss you and I know that we can work things out."

Shaking my head I bite back, "No. You know that I've moved on."

"Wait-" He gasps out desperate. Voices in the background drown out his words. He's been drinking again. I realize as he quickly turns to anger.

"I never loved you-" At his words I hit end on the phone and watch as the screen grows dark. Suddenly a hand reaches out and takes the phone from me. Hearing a soft thud I close my eyes. Letting the dark once again settling my thoughts.

"We're together now and nothing will take away from the fact that I love you." I smile at his words.

"I love you too John."