Chapter 1: Pick Your Poison

Start from the beginning

Alfred sighed as he entered his dorm, throwing the backpack on his bed as he lied down next to it. He looked at the headboard of the bed with a frown. Why, out of all the schools in the place, why that one?!

"Alfred?" Someone called as they knocked on his door.

He cursed as he got up from his bed and walked over to his door. He looked down with a frown at who he thought would be Antonio, but was instead Ludwig. The frown on his face immediately slipped off as he gazed at the other alpha. "Oh hey Ludwig. What's up?"

"I have a favor to ask of you Alfred." The German alpha sighed.

"Shoot bro."

"Don't be rude."

"Huh?"

"Alfred you're generally a nice guy, I know you are, but I also know you aren't very fond of that place. I just ask you be nice to whoever you are paired with. As you may know, my brother resides in that academy, and as such I visit him frequently. I know mostly everyone in that academy, so you can come to me if you need any advice on your partner, but I just ask you don't make them feel lower due to being you. You may be paired with an omega, a beta, maybe even a fellow alpha, but they are all there for different reasons, so don't make an assumption you know why someone's there until you are given their background please."

Alfred stared at the guy in shock and mild offense, but he was also relieved to know the fellow alpha thought he was a nice guy. "Yeah, okay. I will Lud. Thanks for the advice." Alfred nodded.

Ludwig nodded to and walked to the next door. 'He's probably giving this speech to everyone in the building.' Alfred sighed and closed his door again. He made his way over to the bed and picked up the backpack he had recklessly thrown on it earlier. "I should work on my homework."

---

Arthur looked up as the headmaster of the academy walked into the omega common room, poking his deaf friend Feliciano so he'd know that someone walked into the room.

"Hello students," he spoke as he signed with his hands for the deaf kids. "we got the results of the school we were paired up with today. I have posted it on the school website. Tomorrow there will be students coming to get their buddy assigned. Please be present there."

All the omegas nodded and watched as their beta headmaster walked off, most likely to talk to the other signs.

"That's exciting isn't it? Another school coming here and helping out?" Maeve asked, smiling into thin air. Arthur guided her face so she at least seemed to be looking at Feliciano and himself. He repeated what she said in sign language to Feliciano, who nodded and smiled too. He grabbed the blackett's head and made her nod.

"Where's Lovino?" Maeve asked.

"We're not sure. He said he was going to the bathroom but his blind ass probably ran into something." A new voice made the blind blackett and mute blonde jump and look at the redheaded alpha-in the case of the blind one, where she thought he was-all while Feliciano waved.

"Jesus Alister, give us a warning next time!" Maeve whined. Arthur nodded. Feliciano watched, confused about what they were saying.

'What did she say?' Feliciano asked Arthur. Arthur signed back what Maeve told Alister, which made the deaf omega giggle.

'That's funny.'

Arthur smiled back and nodded.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Where am I now?" A voice groaned. Arthur looked at the hallway that leads to the dorms, smiling as Lovino came out from them.

"That Lovino?" Alister asked.

Arthur grabbed his hand and balled it into a fist, making it bend down at the wrist then back up.

"LOVINO! COME HERE AND GIVE ME THE MONEY YOU OWE ME!"

"FUCK OFF ALPHA CUNT! I HAVE A BROTHER TO FEED!"

"WELL I HAVE FOUR BROTHERS AND A SISTER TO FEED TOO!"

And everyone who could hear face palmed. Those two were always fighting. It was a surprise that they were actually great friends, knowing how hard it is being the oldest sibling and having to be responsible for the younger ones.

Feliciano saw Arthur and Maeve face palm and looked over to the hallway, seeing his brother. He slowly nodded in understanding. Even though he can't hear, he knows they bicker...constantly.

"Hey you two, shut up! My show is on!" Maeve snapped. It went quiet for a second.

"You can't see it." Lovino blurted.

"Well I can can't hear it either. Now shush, I think my favorite is talking."

Arthur smiled at his little sister. Even though the accident years ago made them lose parts of themselves, he is happy they're not taking it so badly anymore.

He just hoped, he wished it was true for him, too.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I wrote this because I wanted to!... But anyways, I got inspired by a previous book I read and I loved it so much I wanted to make a fanfic of it, but with another set of characters. I love Hetalia, but I don't own it. The only character I own is Maeve. Mrs. Vazquez and Mr. Rainwater are based off actual teachers I know. Thank you for reading!

Also, I don't go to nor have I ever attended an academy, so forgive me if these things aren't exactly correct.