25

~Ali's POV~
I stayed in my bed still upset and a bit angry. I then hear knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" I say softly.

"It's Paisley, Ali can I come in."

"Yea come in."

She comes in and shuts the door behind her. She then comes and sits near me.

"Is everything ok?" She asks.

"No. How could he do that!" I say then sit up.

"I hate my brother right now too. Your an amazing person and if he can't see that then it's his loss. You guys are great together and he needs you more than he thinks." She tells me.

"How so?"

"You two are mates, he's going to feel the pull no matter what he does." She says.

"It hurts Pais, I miss him."

"I know Ali. Go on and sleep, I'll be here with you. You'll feel better in the morning. Forget about him for a day. Enjoy your coronation tomorrow."

"Can you stay by my side tomorrow Pais?" I ask softly.

"Of course Ali, I'll even stay with you tonight, if that makes you feel any better."

"I would love that. This is going to be so much fun!" I say smiling.

She smiles softly then goes over to my closet where my dress was. She pulls it out and hangs it up next to my full length mirror.

"I love the work Jack did on my dress Paisley. It's really pretty, and I love the color."

"I know I love it too."

"Pais, can we talk serious for a moment."

"Of course, you can talk to me about anything. I'm an open book." She says softly.

"Do you remember what I told you about the Werewolf King coming after me?"

"Yes, I remember it clear as day. What about it?"

"I'm just really nervous about it. I don't want to get hurt by him and all the other wolves."

"I know that Darry, Jack and I will protect you no matter what happens in the next few days. We promise we won't let you get hurt." She tells me.

"Thanks Paisley. Your right, let's get some sleep. I have a big day tomorrow."

She nods and we both get comfortable. We both then slowly fall asleep smiling. I groan feeling someone shake me. I open my eyes and see Paisley smiling.

"What?" I mumble.

"Come on, time to get up. We have a few hours to get you ready before your coronation." Paisley says.

"I'm up, I'm up." I say then sit up.

I get up then get into my robe then I sit in front of my vanity. Paisley comes over and starts doing my make up and my hair. I felt more refreshed after she handed me a cup of coffee to drink as she gets me ready for today. After she finished I went over and grabbed my dress. Paisley helped me put it on without ruining my hair or my makeup. I look at myself in the mirror and I smiled at the person staring back at me. Paisley came up behind me and helped clean me up. She then grabbed my tiara and helped me place it in my hair.

"You know how this is going to work right Ali?" Paisley says.

"Yea, I walk in the priest blesses my moms crown and says some words then he places it on my head and announces me the queen of all faries. Then I can start ruling my kingdom, hopefully with Darry by my side." I say softly.

"He will listen to you o matter what Ali. He's just being stubborn. I may have told Jack about what you told me about Jake, I hope that your ok with that."

"I'm fine with that, did you tell him not to say anything to Darry?" I asked.

"Oh yeah of course. He promised not to."

"Thank you Pais. I'm ready to do this," I say looking down.

"What are you afraid of?"

"Being attacked today."

"That won't happen, I won't let it."

"Thanks Paisley. Let's go. I'm ready for this."

She nods and we both head to the grand ballroom where the ceremony was being held. I smile softly then take my place next to my mom. We wait for the ceremony to start hoping nothing bad will happen to me or my family.