12

~Darry's POV~
I took the phone from Ali and put it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello Darry, I'm Ali's mom Olivia."

"Hi Olivia, what can I do for you?" I say softly.

"How are you holding up after yesterday?"

"I'm doing fine ma'am."

"That's great. I just want to thank you for saving my Ali from my husband."

"It's no problem ma'am, just my job."

"You're doing your job by caring for my daughter, am I right son?"

"Yes Olivia. I really care for her." I say looking over at Ali.

"Take care of my daughter Darry; she's my pride and joy. I trust you to take care of her and love her."

"I will Olivia."

"I can't wait to actually meet you Darry, do you have any siblings?"

"Yes I do I have a sister who is a year younger than me, her name is Paisley. She's all I have after our parents left us on our own."

"That's a shame. Well I hope things work out the way you want them to."

"I hope so too. I'll hand you over to Ali now."

"Ok Darry, see you guys soon."

"Bye Olivia."

I go and hand Ali her phone back and she says bye to her mom and ends the call.

~Ali's POV~
I put my phone back on the nightstand and then cuddled close to Darry. He wrapped his arms around me smiling.

"What did my mom say to you?"

"She hopes that everything works out and that she hopes that I take care of you and love you."

I sit up and in front of him, then I look at him unsure of what to say. He takes my hand and holds it. I looked down at the bed sheet not sure on how to start the conversation. He put a finger under my chin and had me look up at him.

"What's wrong love?" He asks me gently.

"Is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"That you love me." I say with hope in my eyes.

"Is this why you didn't say anything after I got off the phone with your mom."

"Yes." I whisper.

"Oh kitten." He says and pulls me onto his lap.

I put my head on his chest as he rubs my back and it was quite comforting.

"I do absolutely love you kitten, it's ok if you don't love me back yet. I get that it's too soon to say that. I just wanted you to know that I do love you and you mean everything to me."

"You mean everything to me too Darry. I'm glad your mine."

"Me too Ali. Don't leave me please."

"I will never leave you Darry, you mean so much to me." I tell him.

"You have no idea how much you mean to me too baby." He says pulling me closer to him.

I smile finding myself on his lap. I then look over and say my empty suitcase laying on the floor. I sighed softly then look over at Darry.

"What's wrong love?"

"We have to pack sometime today."

"I understand but we have to do it soon."

I nod but he lays down holding me and we stay like that for awhile. I slowly fall asleep like that smiling happily.