When One Player Meets Another It Becomes One Hell of a Game (Chapter 3)

Start from the beginning

"Uhh..." I said softly, about to explain that he needed to move if he wanted me to even consider getting the shirt for him, when he suddenly said, "You're upset. Why?"

I blinked slowly, "What?" How did he know that by just looking at me for a few seconds? Honestly, Max wouldn't know if I was upset by just looking at me. Heck, he probably still couldn't tell I was upset if I started bawling in front of him. And if he did figure it out, he probably wouldn't care.

The fact that Will could tell, and was actually concerned about it was a new idea to me. It made me feel a little bit... giddy, to know that someone cared... wait a minute.

No. I was letting Will get to me. That couldn't happen.

I cast my eyes to linoleum floor as I mumbled, "I'm fine." I watched my feet as I dragged them across the ground, trying to avoid his piercing gaze. It was better to nip the bud before it bloomed; I had learned that the hard way. And I wasn't about to let it happen again.

Of course, Will refused to go along with my plan. Instead he just repeated, like a parrot, "You're upset. Why?" I ground my teeth together wishing he'd just go away, since he was making it extremely hard to ignore him.

"Why does it matter to you?" I snapped with as much ferocity as I could muster, as my gaze shot up and now I was looking him straight in the eye. If being quiet hadn't worked in getting him to leave, then maybe being mean would. "It's none of your business." I continued, "It's not like you're my boyfriend!"

"So it's Max who is causing these problems?" Will said. Either he was completely oblivious to my hostility or he just didn't care. I'm going with the later, since his gaze held mine with the same, fiery look.

"No... yes... I don't know!" I sighed, exasperated. "It's none of your business anyways. Like I said you're not my boyfriend."

"But I want to be your boyfriend, thus I want it to be my business." Will stated calmly, and as shocked as I was by this declaration, I wasn't willing to back down on my side of the argument.

"Just because you want it to be doesn't mean it is." I responded, and he looked at me, with understanding eyes, "But it could be if you let it."

For a moment, I felt like I wanted to tell him everything, spill it all to Will with his kind and patient eyes but... I shook my head, and slowly looked away, gazing at the students who walked by eyes wide at the fact that Summer Hills, Miss Untouchable, was in the hands of the school's new player Will Marks.

"You wouldn't understand." I said softly, as the kids jerked their heads away, no doubt feeling guilty as though they were witnessing a scene that they have no business in seeing.

But Will Marks was more persistent than I could ever give him credit for. "Try me." He seemed to beg, and I bit my lip. I shouldn't, I really shouldn't... and yet, I couldn't help myself. I couldn't bear to nip this new, wonderful bud that was growing in the barren garden of my love life, player or not.

"Not here," I said quietly, watching the other students warily, for though they were no longer looking at us, I couldn't say the same for whether on not they were still listening.

"Then get the shirt, and come with me," Will told me. I didn't hesitate for a moment, though I felt like I should have, for it was this kind of carless thinking that had gotten me into the mess that I was in with Max today.

Ignoring the feeling of fear, I grabbed my dad's solid black shirt (which my mom had given me thinking it was Max's) from my locker and shut it following Will, who suddenly took my hand.

I look up at him, stunned, and Will just grinned at me. "Just go with it." He whispered so only I could hear, pulling me along, and I blushed. I could hear him chuckle as he pulled me along.

Quickly, we arrived in the parking lot in the back of the school and Will led me up to a bright white Mercedes, which gleamed under the bright light. Will pulled a pair of keys from his pocket and clicked the unlock button. He gave a satisfied smile as the car beeped and unlocked.

Opening the passenger door me, Will gestured to the empty seat. "Ladies first." He said with a grin and a wink.

"Uh, Will... where exactly are we going?" I asked looking at the door as though it were a ticking time bomb. I was not getting in there until I was sure that I would return, all in one piece, later.

"Well," Will asked, "Summer Hills, how would you feel about skipping school?"

I looked one last time at the seat and realized that this might just be the chance I needed to escape this life I was trapped in. But I would never know if I didn't take the chance.

I looked up a Will who's eyes were alight with adventure, and before I could even stop myself the words slipped over my tongue, "What are we waiting for?"

And I could only hope I hadn't just made the second biggest mistake of my life... for the second time.

Sorry... it... short... must... update... other... stories... AHHH!!

I'm back everyone,

Faerie_Writer