Chapter 16

**** Mature content, sexual scene and language ****

"Piper" Caleb said calmly, he smiled as she groaned on the other end of the phone,
"Wake up love, I have to hang up, we're getting ready to head back",
She groaned again "yaay" she said quietly as she yawned and rolled over, "oh" she grabbed her head and closed her eyes tightly,  Caleb laughed "hangover?" He asked, "just the smallest" she said into the phone, still holding her head, "hurry up and come home please" she said, she felt happy to have him back, they needed it after what happened last night, she was still hurt about it, she hoped it wouldn't be different after that, "I love you piper" he paused for a minute, she smiled,. "I'll be home soon ok, I'll come pick you up, you can stay over tonight if you want", she bit her lip, "I love you too, I can't wait to see you, and I'd love to stay over tonight" she said to him as she sat up in her bed searching for a bottle of Tylenol, Caleb smiled on the other end of the phone and said bye to her, he finished packing his stuff up and started loading it into his car and his mothers car

"Hey ma", he said walking up to her and kissing her cheek, "I'm sorry about last night I lost my temper you know", he said hugging her, she hugged him back and assured him it was ok, but to never talk to any woman that way again, she rubbed his back and asked where Joey was, "he just got back, he looks like shit, should be a great ride back" he said sarcastically, handing her the duffle bag with his father's money, "you can drive infront on the way back alright" he said to her as he watched Joey stagger towards them,  he shook his head and kissed his mom again before he got into the car.

Piper swallowed some Tylenol and layed back in her bed, she reached over and opened her curtains to let the sunshine into her room, it was early but she didn't want to sleep anymore, her hangover made her feel sick and a little anxious she remembered why she stopped drinking so much, she texted Tara and thanked her for the fun night, she did have a great time regardless of how the night ended, she looked at the clock, she knew it would take a while for Caleb to get back but not that long he would be home before dinner hopefully, she sighed and rolled to the other side of her bed, and watched life move along outside of her building.

"Hey sweetie" Anna said, as she knocked and entered Pipers room, "hi mom" Piper sat up and smiled, her mother walked to her and asked how she was feeling she knew she got home late "did I hear crying last night?, She asked after a while, Piper nodded slowly, "it's ok now, Caleb and I just had a little argument" she said, as she looked at her mother and smiled, "well is everything ok now?" Her mother asked, a little concerned, she hated to see her daughter upset by anything or anyone, the last relationship took a toll on her, and they hadn't even known about it until it was over, she would make sure she payed attention to this relationship, "everythings fine mom, it was the both of us really, but it's ok" she reassured her mother, her mom kissed her forehead and was going to make piper some soup, "mom I'm going to stay at Caleb's tonight ok" Piper said, a little nervous for her mother's response, she had already slept at his house, but she'd never been face to face with her mother to tell her that she would be staying, she'd usually always text, "that's fine sweetie, you're old enough to make those decisions now, just be safe" she smiled as she walked out, "I'll come get you when your food is ready" Piper smiled as she got up and changed into comfy clothes and fluffy slippers.

Piper headed for the shower after she finished her food, she sat down on the little ledge and shaved her legs, and soaked her hair before shampooing it, she relaxed and took time for herself and her thoughts, Caleb had gotten so mad at her, she remembered him yelling, and swearing at her over the phone and she winced a little at the memory, she would get over it, she thought about when she saw him do cocaine, she didn't act like that, and he still hadn't told her about it, maybe it was the one time, but then again he didn't hide it, she rubbed her eyes and rested her head back on the shower tile, and let the water run down her legs and toes, she wouldn't mention the drugs unless she saw it again, and she wouldn't hold the fight against him either, they were both wrong, she nodded to herself, she finished her shower and got dressed in something cute to welcome Caleb home, she put her hair up in a messy bun and chose a white romper to wear, she sat in the living room watching her mom cut some new flowers she had bought at the little market down the street. "what time will Caleb be home love?" She asked Piper as she filled the vase with water, Piper looked at her watch, and sat up straight feeling excited, "soon actually, he said he would call when he got here" she looked out the window a little impatient, her mom smiled as she watched Piper, "so you mentioned his birthday is soon" she said, placing the flowers on the kitchen table, "yes it's really soon, I'm not sure what to do for him really, maybe we could go out to eat, I'm not sure I think he said his family and friends usually have a get together for him" she shrugged as she walked to stand beside her mother who was admiring the flowers, "they're beautiful mom" she smiled when her mom wrapped her arm around her shoulder, "they are, aren't they, ...well maybe we could all have dinner with Caleb a few days before his birthday?, You me and your father" her mother offered, and Piper nodded, "I'll let him know I'm sure he'll be fine with that" she said, as she heard a car door slam shut outside.