Chapter 14

Piper spent the last two days with her parents, well her mom mostly, her dad was in the middle of an important project so he was out late mostly, she was excited for today though, she was finally going to get to do some shopping in NYC after being there a little over a month and not doing so,  her mother thought it was time, and Piper knew she just wanted to make sure she didnt sit at home and miss Caleb.

It was still really warm, even though it was a dull day, Piper chose shorts and a t-shirt for her outfit and wore her Converse shoes that she found in the back of her closet, she pulled her hair back into a high ponytail to keep it out of her face.
She had only spoken to Caleb twice since he had left, and it made her feel like crap, she missed him alot and he told her he missed her too, but she could never help but doubt her self, she knew he was busy and he couldn't be on the phone with her all the time, but it still sucked, she sighed as she grabbed her purse and met her mother in the kitchen, they headed outside as their cab pulled up and headed to the shopping district.

"I've missed shopping" Piper said making a sad face then laughing as she hooked her arm around her mothers, they bought some cute decorations for the house and Piper bought some new dresses and tops, she was hunting for a store with nice jeans as she walked by a lingerie shop, her mother went on without her to the next shop that sold shoes, Piper looked around at all the options and colours, she bit her lip at the thought of wearing something like that for Caleb, she came across a beautiful red set, it was a lace, with see through parts, she loved it, as she was walking to pay, she saw fuzzy pink hand cuffs out of the corner of her eye and she laughed to herself , "so getting it" she said outloud as she picked them up, she had chosen the option to have it both gift wrapped, it would be apart of his birthday present she thought, she smiled at the thought of him seeing her in it, although, it probably wouldn't be on her for long, she thanked the lady as she handed her the bag and met back up with her mother.

They went into a few more shops and piper found a few pairs of nice jeans, they made their way to the food court and decided on burgers, "I'm having fun, thanks mom, I needed to get out" Piper said chewing on a fry, her mother smiled at her, "any time love, I'll never turn down a shopping trip with my favorite girl" she said kissing her on the cheek, Piper smiled, and sat back in her chair, "I ate way too much" she said rubbing her stomach, her mother agreed, wiping her fingers with her napkin, "have you talked to Caleb today?" She asked as Piper sipped on water, "no, I guess he's busy" she said, shrugging her shoulders, "he'll call when he has time then sweetheart, I'm sure he misses you too" her mother said giving her a smile, " I know" she said smiling back, they shopped for a few more hours until it was mid afternoon, and piper picked out some jewelery and some new makeup before they both had enough and headed for home.

Piper got out of the cab with all her and her mother's bags, her mom was meeting her work friends for drinks and her dad was supposed to join up with them too, Piper told her to have fun and that she would be gone late too since she was going out to eat tonight and then for drinks with Tara, she waved at her mother as she walked up the steps, and into the building.

Piper plugged her phone in to charge as she went to shower, the warm water felt nice on her body, and she stood there for a few minutes just enjoying it before she got out, she dried and curled her hair letting it hang down her back except for some hair  that she had pinned up in the middle, she wore one of her new tops, it was a red cropped off the shoulder top with little white flowers, and black high waisted pants with rips, she put on a few new rings she had bought earlier and small stud earrings, she filled in her eyebrows slightly while music played in the background, she stopped every so often to sing along with it she finished her makeup with a nude lipstick and mascara.

She walked over to her phone and unplugged it, Piper's heart sank when she saw a missed call from Caleb, she called him back but got his voicemail which was full at the moment, she hung up the phone and checked to see if he left her a message, he hadn't, she sighed and was about to send him a text when Tara sent her a message saying she was waiting outside, Piper checked the time quickly, and it was later than she had thought, she sprayed some perfume and put her phone in her purse before walking outside to meet her.