Chapter 11

"Where have you been?" Caleb's father asked, as he walked through the door,
"I've been out, I'm here now"
Caleb replied, running his hand through his hair, his father looked at him, "you look like shit" he said, walking towards him, he held his hand out to Caleb, who placed a hefty wad of cash into his palm, "it's all gone?" His father looked surprised as he counted the money.

"It's all gone" Caleb assured him, as he walked into the kitchen on the hunt for water, he filled a glass and leaned back onto the counter top, he drank and closed his eyes, he heard his father's footsteps as he approached, "it must've been good, to make you feel and look this way" he cocked his head to the side regarding Caleb and shaking his head, "I won't tell you how to live your life Caleb, lord knows I'm no saint" he smiled, as the last words left his mouth, "but make sure you keep a clear head when you're doing business, that shit will cloud your judgement" he said, putting his hand on Caleb's shoulder, Caleb watched him as he finished his water, "I gotta girl coming over" Caleb changed the subject, "she's coming over tonight, for dinner I fuckin need you guys to be normal dad, fucking norrrmal, as godamn normal as you can get" he said, stressing each 'normal', his father threw his head back, and laughter roared from him, "I'm glad this amuses you, your a psychopath you know that?" Caleb said walking away, "what's so funny?"  Caleb's mother asked as she entered the room, watching Caleb walk by her, "he's got a girl coming over Maria, he wants us to be 'normal'", his father joked, 'fuck off" Caleb called out as he walked upstairs, he had a hint of a smile on his lips, it was funny he guessed, they were anything but normal.

Maria looked to her husband, who still had a smile as he chuckled and got himself a beer from the fridge, "I guess I'll make something nice for dinner" she smiled to herself, "this is the first girl he's bringing to meet us, she must be special", Maria knew which girl it would be, the one she saw that morning in his room, he had never let a girl stay that long, he was making sure they were out before they could be seen by anyone in the house, Maria kissed her husband softly on the cheek, she took some food out to prepare, she watched her husband flip through a paper as she removed things from the fridge, she could accept the things he's done, she chose this life with him, she could never leave, and she loved him, even after all she had witnessed, and she wanted that for her son's as well, especially Caleb, to find a woman who could understand his life, he had given up alot for his father's business, he deserves to be happy, but she knew it took a great deal of strength to take on this lifestyle, 'normal' she thought to herself as she shook her head, it would be an interesting dinner.

Caleb slicked his hair back neatly as he got out of the shower, he walked to his bed with just the towel clinging to his hips, he layed down and reached for his phone "dinner is tonight Bella, I'll pick you up around 7" he texted Piper,  he hoped the night would go smooth, he just wanted her to think they were a decent family, he laughed at the thought, he could never tell her the truth, atleast not now, not yet, or could he ever?, he's done some unforgivable things, could she live with them?, Only close family and friends knew about their family, the drugs, the missing people, the money, he was brought back from his thoughts by his phones vibration.

Pipers name appeared on the screen, he smiled at the phone, "I can't wait, I hope they like me, what should I wear?" Her text read,  his smile grew, "of course, they'll love you, & you'll look great in anything angel, actually.. make it something easy for me to get you out of", he sent back to her with a smirk,  he got up and put on a pair of boxers before getting back in bed, he needed a few more hours of sleep before the night's events, he had things to do before the dinner, he set an alarm on his phone and fell asleep.

Piper giggled and shook her head as he read Caleb's last text, she bit her lip at the thought of him stripping off her clothes, she layed in her bed, wearing the shirt she had taken from Caleb's the first night she spent there, the smell was of him, and she couldn't get enough of it, she jumped out of bed and looked for an outfit, she decided on a beautiful red dress that came in at the waist and flared out ay the bottom, it ended just above her knees, red was her colour and she figured this would be an appropriate time to wear it, she planned on long full curls for her hair, she was excited and nervous all at the same time, she truly hoped they would like her.