Chapter 3

I was so happy to see my mother when she showed up at the condo on surprise, she was home earlier in the day than expected, I threw my arms around her and I didn't let go for a long time, when I finally did I gave her the tour of the new place and she loved it, which I knew she would.
We chatted all afternoon while we had some Chinese takeout, dad wasn't home which she wasnt at all surprised about, he is a hard-working man and she knew that.

"So, have you explored yet? Tell me about the area" my mom asked as we talked.

We relocated over to the couch that was placed next to the windows that went from the ceiling to the floor, I looked out the window and thought about my answer, I shook my head, "well," I started as I rubbed polkas head, who arrived a day before my mother, "there's a lovely path, you see right there" I pointed out the window and my mother followed in the direction I was pointing, "a couple and their two dogs usually run there everyday" I said confidently.

My mother tilted her head slightly to the side and looked at me and asked if I had taken up a new hobbie as a stalker, we both laughed and I considered the question and told her yes I guess I did, I sighed and looked at her and admitted, I haven't exactly left the house since we arrived, unless taking polka to pee a few times counted as an adventure.

She looked at me with worried eyes but I reassured her that I just needed time, she stood up abruptly and looked down at me,
"Well, up come on, get dressed love were going for a walk, you can't live the rest of your life in this building" she gestured with her hands and I nodded in agreement, I knew she was right and I was just trying to avoid something that couldn't be avoided forever.

My mother left me to make some calls to work and to my aunt as I headed to my room to get changed, it was a hot day, it usually was, I guessed anyway, it was warm since we arrived but I had been watching the weather forecast and it promised a few days of rain and you better believe I couldn't wait to see this city when it was pouring outside, the thought made me smile.

I opened up my closet which was alot bigger than my one back in Cali, I walked in and looked at my options, i kept in mind that it was hot outside, so I decided on a white summer dress with flowers, I hadn't worn it since the summer before, I got dressed and fixed my hair with loose curls quickly, I put on some lip gloss and mascara, it felt nice to look presentable, it was the first time in days I had even bothered to get dressed, I took my phone out and snapped a quick picture in the mirror, I put on a white pair of flats and caught up with my mother in the kitchen.

She looked at me and smiled as she got off the phone, "wow sweetie you look amazing, are you ready?

I nodded in reply as I twirled for her in the dress laughing, we walked outdoors and the humid air hit us instantly, we walked around our area and checked out the path I had been watching for a few days, we stumbled on a little nail salon and my mom said it was her treat, it felt great to feel good again, to get out of the house we talked ore as we got out nails done, I chose a beautiful pastel pink with a Little sparkle in each corner, my mom promised we would check out the boutiques soon and the mall, maybe tomorrow she said, I knew she was as excited as I was to do so, we did love to shop, once we left the nail salon we walked some more and took in the beautiful views, my mom snapped some pictures and sent them to her friends and family in California, I did the same, we spotted a little coffee shop not too far ahead and noticed there weren't alot of people so we would probably be served rather quickly, we walked towards it to get some drinks, as we got there my mother's phone rang and I told her it was fine, I could order for her, she sat at one of the little side tables outside as I went in.

Before entering I noticed a black Mustang fastback beginning to pull up I looked a little longer remembering when my dad had owned a yellow one, they were a beautiful car, he had sold it reluctantly a few years ago when we weren't doing so well money wise, he's always swore he would have one again, I continued into the coffee shop which was small but cozy I instantly liked it and was thankful that it wasn't far from our home, I would come back for sure just as an excuse to get out I thought, there was a short line up so I took the time to look at what they had to offer, when it was my turn I ordered my mother's coffee first since it was alot easier than mine would be, I then gave the guy serving me my order which was long, I was confident in what I wanted in a coffee he laughed after and told me he liked a girl who knew what she wanted, I smiled and blushed, he was forward I appreciated that.

I looked out the window as I waited and saw my mom was deep into a very animated conversation, she was waving her hands and laughing I was wondering what she was talking about, my eyes fell on the black car that was now parked outside the coffee shop, I must've been in a daze because the cashier cleared his throat, I turned and apologized to him he said it was no problem in return I have him a shy smile and payed my bill, I picked up my order and turned to leave, I stopped to put my money away as I was about to walk out the door, only to be bumped into almost causing a crime scene of coffee and whipped cream all over the cafe floor.
"Ohh, oh my god I'm so sorry" I said looking down making sure nothing had spilled over this person, I looked up slowly into these paralyzing blue eyes that were looking over the top of dark sunglasses at me, he was some what amused, I couldn't imagine why I had almost scald him with hot coffee, I suddenly stammered over my words until whatever I was saying was coming out completely wrong, and made no sense, I couldn't look away from his eyes, they were beautiful I tried to get my senses back so I stepped back from him a little, only then did I notice how fucking beautiful this guy was, he had to be ateast 6'1..those blue eyes.. he had so many tattoos.. and a nose ring, no two, did guys do that? He was wearing a crisp white shirt, with black jeans, I didn't need to wonder if he was in shape it was instantly clear that he was, I mentally kicked myself "Jesus you're drooling like he's a piece of fresh meat be normal"
I felt like he had read my mind and heard all of that, I must've been red as a tomato, he smiled and instantly he was more gorgeous, can that even happen?; "I am so sorry-" I began again " I didn't see you there I shouldn't have stopped, I really hope I didn't get anything on you, I - "

He smirked and chuckled, he cut me off holding his hand up which made me stop instantly, I could feel the authority he carried, he began to speak when I noticed he had a tongue ring, which wasn't for me but on him it made me unwillingly almost bite my lip off, and his voice literally caressed my ears and I felt like a huge pile of putty, I stood there like a idiot as he talked " hey I should be apologizing, I think I ran into you" he said amused with a devilish smile on his face, wow he has beautiful lips I thought to myself, .
"i shouldn't have been standing infront of the door, you wouldn't have ran into me" I said back to him.
His eyes traveled down my body and back up again I instantly felt naked, and so embarrassed, he looked back at me and was beginning to say something when I smiled and moved around him trying to get the hell out of there before I could possibly embarass myself anymore then I had already, I could feel his eyes on me and I walked to my mom who had witnessed the whole thing, she was grinning and I was giving her pleading eyes,
"Jesus mom please, lets go quick before I trip and fall or something else completely idiotic"
She laughed quietly and held her hands up, she took her coffee from my hand and we stood on the sidewalk waiting to cross the street, I took the chance to glance back toward the cafe quickly, he was walking back to his car, I met his eyes and he waved in return, I smiled and looked away quickly.

My mom and I crossed the road and went on about our day, I thought of him a few times after.