Intelligent Design

*** *** Weekend Write-In for 16th February 2018 *** ***

"spin": In 500 words, tell what happens when it spins

Note: I usually try not to go over 750-800 words but this one might top 1000.

ROLL OUT.

It had been a long time coming and the big man had kept many plates spinning while he worked on and initiated the final design. This would literally change the world and it was all testament to the genius of the innovator who had started it all ... but let's not forget the little guys who worked on the code and data and made the big idea what it is today!

Yeah, the world keeps on spinning and the guy in charge gets all the credit, but without ... well, y'know what, let's go right back and see how it all began and then you'll see what the design team added and why they deserve to be credited.

THE SPARK.

Infinity ages ago, it was all a blank slate - then the founder came along. Something sparked off of nothing and became ... him. Or it ... the being. For a few hundred billion years it just floated there as a bodiless mass ... eventually a thought occurred to the founder.

I am bored. What is bored? A word to describe my feeling of nothingness. Words. That is a good concept. Concept. Description! Thought - I have invented this and found a word for it. I invented words too.

For another billion years the founder happily explored thinking and used it's instinctive creativity and understanding to develop whole systems to communicate.

Communication? I have just invented the notion of others. But I am alone and unique. Invention - to make things up for a purpose. What is my purpose?

The being decided to experiment. It started with a new concept - colour. After all the inky blackness of nothing could definitely be improved on. 

White. The absence of something I will call light. From there it was only a few hundred thousand of what it would later label 'years' until the being invented sounds.

Colours and sounds had massively improved ... what would it call it's endless space? Existence! That was good. So the being added dashes of colour and sound and this formed a ... pattern! 

I will call these things shapes.

After a trillion or so years the being experimented with solid forms of shapes - big things called planets with lots of small details, but small in the great scheme of things. The thing about Existence was that it was endless, so the being took sections and called them universes.

One time ... time. Space. I can invent and organize those as well. One time, the being had a grand idea for something called ... Life.

If I create beings in my image, then I can communicate and not be so alone! 

What is my image? It was formless but if the being could create solids, it could make one to contain it's essence.

My here and now form, though I am everywhere and nowhere at once.

The being designed a form. It was simple. The form needed to be because lesser beings would need to use that form. Lesser? Why?

It was a question it couldn't answer unless ...

The being split off a portion of itself and posed the question to the other.

The other replied. 'You are the first and last, the alpha and the omega. I come from you but am not you, for you are you alone, therefore all others who come to be, are reflections of you.'