Ch 24 - Travelling backwards in time, bringing us back to life!

So, what do you all think is going to happen, judging by the title?

Ch 24 - Travelling Backwards in time, and bringing us back to life!

"But I need to ask you something," Harry began once more, after regaining his composure. "I mean, I have a time turner, we could change everything that happened. Imagine all the lives that could be saved! The world would be a happier place mum!"

Lily looked deep in thought for a few moments.

"No", she said sternly.

"W-what? Why?" Harry asked, even though he already knew the answer. It was because time should not be messed with and blah blah blah, and all that tosh.

Lily sighed. "Harry, I know you mean well, but it is simply too dangerous to alter time. Trust me, I know. If you do time travel, then you must not be seen. For that matter, why are you here anyway? Did someone tell you to come here?"

"Yeah. Came on McGonagall's orders. From the year 2000."

"Hmm. You know, it is hard to wrap my head around the fact that you are mine and James Potter's son!" she laughed.

"I know. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that my dead parents who I don't even remember being here, alive," he smiled sadly. "But Mum, If we actually planned everything out properly, then there will be no plot holes whatsoever, then our plan would work and the future world would be a better place."

"Yes, but"-

Harry stopped her. "Please mum. Don't you want to live to see your 22nd birthday? Do you want Dad to die? Does Sirius deserve to rot in Azkaban for twelve years? That doesn't have to happen. We can warn our future selves by telling them not to trust the secret keeper, and you, Dad and Sirius and Remus would be saved. Please think about it," he pleaded, on the verge of tears again.

"It's just, that time travel is such an awfully complicated thing, and there are so many things that could go wrong --"

"Like what exactly?" Harry interrupted, slightly annoyed.

Lily proceeded to explain her point. "Well, if I didn't die, then Voldemort would live on. He would continue to destroy people's lives, and we would still be living in terror of Voldemort's reign. And he may kill us anyway, sometime later on in the future - nothing will stop him. He could also go on and kill other families, of, well, 'blood traitors', and, OH, the Weasleys! Harry, he may decide to destroy the Weasleys. You're friends with them, aren't you? And he could destroy any other family for that matter!"

His eyes widened with realisation. "Oh. Didn't think of that," Harry murmured.

Harry thanked the Gods that he had gone to his mother for advice before anyone else. But a part of him still felt like he should --- no, nuh-uh, no Harry, don't you dare. Think of Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Luna, even bloody Draco Malfoy! If saving his parents, Sirius and Remus meant risking the lives of Ginny, Ron, the rest of the Weasleys, Hermione and all his other friends, then was it really worth it? And that would be too selfish anyway. However difficult it was to admit it, this was true, and he couldn't deny it.

"Yeah. But at least you came and told me your idea. James on the other hand would have run off with Sirius, Remus and Peter to execute the plan. Never say a bleedin' thing about their plans to Dumbledore, or me for that mater. I usually find out myself and run after them to save them," she laughed. "Although Potter did end up saving my life once, too."

"Really?" asked Harry eagerly.

"WOAH, BLOODY HELL! SLOW DOWN A MINUTE!" commanded a shocked James, as he threw off the invisibility cloak, revealing himself and a speechless Sirius and Remus.

Hip hip hooray, Harry thought. "So guys. How much did you hear?" he started.

"Well we only got here in the last few minutes and I heard Voldemort, erm, kills Prongs. And that there was a war and that loads of people died, including us four," frowned Sirius.

"And you are thinking of travelling backwards and forwards in time, saving everyone's lives!" finished James.

"Buuut, Harry and Lily have agreed that it would be a ridiculously dangerous thing to do," emphasised Remus, just in case they didn't hear what Lily just said. He couldn't bear to think of losing his best mates; even the thought of it made him cry. However, even though he hated to admit it, Remus knew that Lily was correct.

Shit shit shit! Sirius thought. Prongs, his Prongs, his best friend was going to die at the hands of some noseless git? How could James die? James was amongst the bravest and kindest people he knew. James Potter was by far the best friend one could ask for. He always had James's shoulder when he cried. James was always there for Sirius, just as Sirius would always be there for James - the pair of them were the closest, closest friends. Sirius thought of all those happy times when they had snuck out to execute those pranks or had competitions with them Bertie Botts every flavoured Beans. He loved James (not in the same way as he loved Remus, but the feeling was just as deep).

But then...

"The prophecy has been sealed. JAMES POTTER WILL DIE AT THE HANDS OF THE DARK LORD!" The words of his divination teacher's prophecy echoed in his head.

James, the Quidditch professional, an expert in Transfiguration and DADA, a born leader, his best friend. No way in Hell could his Prongs die. He wouldn't die young, right? NO,  he wouldn't.  James will only come face to face with death when he will be tucked up in a warm bed, as wrinkled and old as Dumbledore himself.

Sirius looked over at James, who was happily playing with a snitch and felt a surge of affection towards him. His friend was invincible. No one, ranging from being as low as Peter Pettigrew, to being as powerful as Voldemort could murder James.

"Lilyflower, we have to do this. I'm not letting Prongs die at the age of 21!" Sirius shouted.

"And Evans deserves to live a long life. Even more than I do," said James.

"Exactly. We should stick with the previous plan." decided James.

"Guys," Harry began quietly. "Before deciding whether we fix should everything or not, can I tell you what my life is like in the future? You might change your mind--"

"NO!" Sirius screamed. "Why would I change my mind? My Moony, and Prongs, and Lilyflower, they - they can't die so young. Please," he pleaded, his voice reduced to a whisper.

"Look, Sirius," he began and squeezed his shoulder. "No, don't interrupt me, listen. First, let me tell you everything, and if you still think this way, then I won't stop you. I promise."

"You solemnly swear?" asked Sirius quietly.

"I solemnly swear," Harry said sincerely.

Yeah, this is a relatively short chapter, I know. I'm sorry! But still, I hope you liked it!

Guys, this is very random, but does anyone know any 'Draco Malfoy and the Halfblood Prince' fanfictions? Or has anyone considered writing this? Coz I really really want to see a fanfiction like this!

10/07/2018