Ch 9 - With his white, bony fingers, he raised his wand

He was in a dark, dingy room, with a strong Slytherin feel to it. The drawing room at Malfoy Manor was dimly lit by torches that hung on the walls at every metre, and a small fireplace right at the end. It had a handsome, ornate marble mantelpiece with a gilded mirror which has an intricately scrolled frame on top. The walls were decorated with potraits and ancient furniture. It was a gigantic hall, nearly as huge as the Great Hall in Hogwarts, with a long, black table along the length of the room. Malfoy Manor. He suddenly felt a rush of anger flowing through his veins, and banged his first on the table. 'What was the reason for all these visions?' he wondered. For the last two days, he had been getting flashes of images, depicting his death. He had seen a boy of seventeen years pointing his wand at him, his own curse backfiring and a jet of green light hitting him, as he fell to the cold ground.

No, he thought. His mind was only playing tricks on him. Surely, it would not be possible for somebody to kill him. After all, he had six horcruxes containing parts off his soul, making him practically immortal. With his white, bony fingers, he raised his wand, and examined it. Thirteen and a half inches, with a Phoenix feather core. Ollivander had said that great things could be expected from him. There was no way that a boy so young, was going to be the cause of his death. Then what was he seeing? He could not understand. In a fit of rage, he yelled and shattered an expensive clock hanging on the wall with his wand and its shards scattered around the room.

Harry woke with a start, drenched in sweat and found himself on the floor, screaming his head off, just like Voldemort had been in the dream. Harry hadn't felt a thing on his forehead in nearly three years, but now his scar was throbbing furiously. In the dream, he had been viewing everything through Voldemort's eyes, as if he was Voldemort. The last time that had happened was in his 7th year, and he had to learn occulumecy to stop Voldemort from penetrating his mind. Wait. Did that mean Voldemort's mind and his were somehow connected again?

A/N
Ooh, a cliffhanger! Well a sort of cliffhanger at least. Yeah, I know it's super short, I'm sorry. And I don't really have any excuses this time. But the next update should (hopefully) be posted tomorrow! In the next chapter, we see Harry and James spend some time together!
Updated on 23/02/2018
RABrav