Ch 12 - But Harry Potter is from the future

A/N
I guess loads of you found the previous chapter disappointing coz nothing exciting happened with Voldemort, but don't worry. I have another encounter with Voldemort planned for u all.
In this chapter, you all may see something that will surprise a lot of you!
Don't forget to vote + comment + follow  +  share!
Updated on: 06/03/2018
RABrav

Ch 12 - But Harry Potter is from the future

An enormous, spacious hall was dimly lit by torches that hung on the wall every metre. It also had rich green wallpaper, with intricate designs, giving an overall Slytherin look. The walls were decorated with portraits ancient furniture. It was a gigantic hall, nearly as long as the Great Hall in Hogwarts, with a long, black table along the length of the room. It was in the same room that Harry had seen in his dream, that a meeting took place in.

"I assume that you are all wondering why I have summoned you all here, at such short notice," Voldemort began, and there was a chorus of a few quiet 'yes my Lords'.
"Hush," said Voldemort. His voice echoed through the whole room, silencing everyone.
"It may be difficult to believe, but I am certain of this, so listen carefully." He paused for a moment before continuing his lecture. "For the past two days, I have been getting some peculiar dreams - visions rather," and he broke off once more, increasing the tension, creating suspense and a little annoyance. "I believe that these visions are from another person's mind, and I am in some way connected to him...." he trailed off again. "But he isn't any ordinary man, this is Harry Potter. A time traveller, who is from the future."

The few murmurs and gasps put an end to Voldemort's long monologue.

"The future, my lord?" Bellatrix asked timidly.

"Yes, the future. Potter is from the year 2000 I believe, twenty-three years from now."

"Potter?" Asked Lucius Malfoy, disgusted. "As in James Potter's son?"

"Exactly," Voldemort replied curtly. There was then a long moment of silence, which Bellatrix interrupted.

"I hope you don't mind me asking my lord, but what exactly were the visions you were seeing?"

This question made Voldemort's lips seal tightly, and he shot a glare at Bellatrix, causing her to look down in shame. He had mainly seen visions of his own murder, but they had been blurry. He had used legilimency to find out about the unusual bond between Potter and him, but this was all he knew. Voldemort had wished he could find out more, but Harry Potter was a very powerful occlumens. He looked around and saw that everyone was waiting expectantly for an answer.

"I saw Potter." He paused, not wanting to talk about his death. "Kill me," he finished, wincing slightly.

"Kill you?" Bellatrix screamed, looking enraged. "Well, I'll bloody kill him with my bare hands!"

"Calm down Bellatrix," Voldemort said smoothly. "But I must be the one to slay Potter. At this point in time, he is the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

"We must fix a date for an attack then, my lord," said Severus Snape speaking up for the first time, with clear determination in his voice. He felt the dark mark slither on his forearm, one year fresh.

"Indeed Snape." There was a short silence, while Voldemort was coming up with a good time for the attack.
"October 31st," he said. "In the evening, when all the students will be busy at the Halloween feast. A distraction will be sent, to lure Potter, to the edge of the forbidden forest, where I shall meet him." Voldemort said, and his blood-red eyes scanned the room, as if looking for a volunteer.

"Pick me, my lord! I will serve you to my utmost ability and will not let you down,"  she said in a firm, but also pleading tone.

"Not for this task, Bellatrix."
Her lips immediately formed a small pout.

"Someone else will provide the distraction. However, you can still assist me. You can accompany me on the day."

"Thank you, my lord, for choosing me! I will not let you down. Thank you!" she exclaimed, ecstatic, as if she had won the lottery.

"So, would anyone else like to provide the distraction?"

No one moved, so Voldemort's eyes rolled over to Severus Snape.

"M-Me, my lord?" he asked timidly.

"Yes, Snape. And I trust that you will not let me down?"

"No sir," he muttered.

"What was that?"

"No sir!" he said, louder.

"Good. I am giving you a chance, boy. Remember that you are not pure. I am giving you your chance-" he paused.

Severus flinched when Voldemort called him boy. He hated being thought of as inferior, just because he was half-blood and hadn't graduated. He despised himself for being half-blood.

-"to prove that you are not a disgusting traitor like your mother was."

"Of course sir. I will not fail you. Never," Severus replied.

"Are you sure you will stay loyal to me?"

"Always, Sir."