Ch 19 - We need to talk about the professor

A/N
Hi everyone! Here's another update for u all! I hope you enjoy it!
19/04/2018

Ch 19 - We need to talk about the professor

"Yeah. I'm alright," said Harry, forcing out a smile.

Remus saw straight through the lie.

"Do you need to go to the hospital wing to rest?" he asked.

"No, I'm fine," Harry replied firmly. "I think we should go inside though. Its getting dark, and it's freezing out here."

At the words dark and freezing, Remus remembered that tonight was a full moon. He looked in Sirius's direction, and realised that he too remembered.

"Sir, you can't stay here, you have to go now," Sirius said quickly.

Harry raised his eyebrow. "Oh? Why is that?" he asked.

Realising his mistake, Sirius desperately looked over at James to cover up for him.

James rolled his eyes at Sirius, and began. "Um well, we decided to play Quidditch, and you can't join us right now....." he trailed off, but since Harry was still looking at James expectantly, he carried on. "We thought that you should go to your room and rest, since you're tired," he said.

"Really?" Harry asked. "You three are out to play Quidditch in this weather?" His eyes darted over to Remus. "And poor Remus looks ill, he should be taken inside and," --

Harry stopped. The biggest secret the marauders had other than their map was Remus. Remus was shivering slightly, looking pale, tired and quite ill, which were the symptoms he always got before the full moon. Why did he not think of it earlier?

"Oh," Harry said, lowering his voice. "I'm sorry."

"What are you saying sorry for?" Remus asked.

"Dunno, never mind," Harry replied quickly.

It was getting darker and darker, and the moon was up, but thankfully its rays were being blocked by the thick clouds. Remus was shivering violently now. The marauders were quickly making there way out of the Quidditch stadium, heading towards the forbidden forest. Harry followed them.

"Harry, you need to go now. We will explain later," James said coldly.

"Guys?" Harry began. "I know," Harry finished slowly, afraid of what their reactions would be.
The three of them stopped dead in their tracks. James's eyes widened and started panicking, and Remus looked absolutely horrified.

"Y-you know?" they questioned. "How?"

Remus seemed uncomfortable and started fidgeting with his fingers, but Harry couldn't blame him for that.

"It doesn't matter. But is it okay if I come with you guys?"

"Well, the answer to that is a simple two-letter word. No." Sirius said sternly, stepping forward.

"But, maybe he could, like -" James started.

"Are you mad James? why you got to be such a big idiot? We can't let him come with us." Sirius snapped.

"Well, I don't see what's wrong with him joining us."

Sirius gave James a what-the-hell-do-you-think-you-are-doing look."Yeah, well but you, a human will in danger though --" started Sirius, but stopped when he saw Harry, who transformed into a stag.
"Oh yeah, I forgot you were an animagus."

The stag looked at Sirius expectantly, waiting for an answer.

"Alright then, you can come with us," Sirius said finally, and the stag smiled.