Ch 5 - Talking to Dumbledore

ch 5 - Talking to Dumbledore

A/N
Hope you all like this chapter! The next chapter should be up tomorrow. Please vote, comment and don't hesitate to hit the follow button on my profile!
Published on 15/02/17
RABrav

"Honeydukes," said Harry, and the gargoyle stepped aside, and Harry moved up the circular, moving stone staircase.

"A-Albus, you called for me?" he said, proud of himself for remembering to call Dumbledore by his first name.

"Yes Mr Parker, I need a word. I would like to know about your background. You didn't mention it in the interview, and I need to be sure that I can trust you and I know who you are."

Harry understood. Dumbledore needed to make sure that he wasn't a Death Eater. These were dark times after all, with Voldemort at power. Also, McGonagall's had told him to tell Dumbledore is true identity and there was no pint in hiding it.

"Well Albus, that is a long story."

"We have time. Now please explain."

"W-well, you see, oh Merlin, how do I say this?" Harry paused.

"It's okay Harry, we have time," Dumbledore said, nodding Harry along.

"Right then. I'm actually from the future, and in my time, which is 2000, Professor McGonagall, who is currently Headmistress told me about a Harry Parker who taught DADA for a year in 1977-78. She gave me this time-turner," said Harry, pulling the gleaming necklace from his robe pocket.

"I know that this is quite hard to believe, but, err, and," - Dumbledore nodded encouragingly - "and I time travelled back here on Professor McGonagall's orders. A-and my name is, well, H-Ha-Harry Potter, not Harry Parker. I'm James Potter's son."

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows and slightly narrowed his eyes.

"So, you have come here on Minerva's orders, you say?"

Harry nodded.

"Do you have any proof?" he asked calmly.

Harry knew that Dumbledore would ask this question, and had come prepared with an answer.

"Well, I know that you have started an organisation called the Order of the Phoenix to help defeat Voldemort. And also, when Professor Slughorn taught Tom Riddle, he told him about this type of dark magic, and you need that memory to confirm that it is what you think it is."

Dumbledore nodded, quite surprised at Harry's accurate knowledge.

"Oh, and I have this photo of the people in the order. It is supposed to be taken a couple of years from now, in 1979," Harry said, taking the photo out of his pocket to show Dumbledore, glad that he had come prepared with all the evidence he needed.

Dumbledore examined the photo and saw many familiar faces, and a few he didn't recognise. He ran his fingers over the faces of the four marauders, wondering how many of them would survive the war...

"Very well," Dumbledore nodded. "I believe you. And am I right in guessing that your mother is Lily Evans? You have her eyes."

"Yes, Albus. She wa- she is." Congratulations Harry, you screwed up, thought Harry.
Dumbledore gave him a look, which meant that he caught Harry's slip.

"And I have one last question, Harry. In the end, is Voldemort defeated?" Dumbledore asked, looking Harry in his eyes. Harry stared back.

"That is confidential sir. If I tell you, then I think it could change the timeline."

Dumbledore nodded. "Well Harry, that's a good answer. It was indeed an interesting story. Thank you Harry, I trust you."

"Thank you, professor," replied Harry.

"It's Albus Harry, not professor. We are colleagues. I have one more thing to tell you. Am I correct in thinking that tomorrow, you are going to teach the seventh years?"

"Yes."

"I would like you to teach them the unforgivables. They were supposed to learn them last year, but the previous teacher was a little, ah afraid to do so."

"Of course, Albus. But for the Imperius curse, am I allowed to use it on others? The students should get the experience of it, in my opinion."

"Yes, I suppose you could do that," said Dumbledore. "And also teach them the Patronus charm. Not now, but maybe a few weeks in."

"Alright. Thank you, Albus. I'll get going now," said Harry, in a bit of a rush and made his way back to his room.

He had a lesson to prepare for.