Ch 3 - D-Dumbledore, I er, am hon-oured to er, beinyourprescence

A/N
Hi everyone, here is another chapter for you all. Hope u all like this chapter! And please vote and comment!
- RABrav

Ch 3 - D-Dumbledore, I er, am hon-oured to er, beinyourprescence

When the world stopped spinning around him, Harry slowly opened his eyes. The office looked a little different, but was still recognisable.

Dumbledore's pet Phoenix was there, and Professor Snape's and McGonagall's portraits were missing.

His eyes scanned the whole room, and he jumped when he saw and an old man sitting down, in his half-moon spectacles with an unusually long beard. Coming to his senses, he realised that this man was Albus Dumbledore, and almost screamed. In the world he knew, Dumbledore had been dead for five years, but now, he was there, right in front of his eyes, healthy, and very much alive.

"Now how can I assist you?" said Dumbledore calmly.

Harry had to speak, so he opened his mouth, but no words came out, so he closed it again. He just stood there for a few seconds, gaping like a fish. Finally, when he gathered enough courage to talk, he exclaimed, "Dumbledore, y- you're alive!"

"Yes, I am," replied Dumbledore, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Professor D-Dumbledore, I er, am hon-oured to er, beinyourprescence," he chocked out. And remembering what McGonagall had told him to do, he asked, "And er, I wou-would like to t-t-take the Defence against the d-dark arts post."

Harry felt stupid and confused. If he carried on talking like this, Dumbledore may not even hire him. Why would Dumbledore hire a man who can't speak properly? Bloody hell, he literally sounded like professor Quirrell.

"Very well. Do you know the curriculum?" Dumbledore asked, and motioned for Harry to sit down.

"Yes professor, I have all these textbooks which outline the curriculum for each year," replied Harry, showing Dumbledore the seven books McGonagall gave him. "I have read through all of them once, and I'll look at them again tonight," he lied. McGonagall had actually only given him those books a few minutes ago, and he didn't even bother to flip through them once. Actually, she will give him those books many years later in the future. Merlin, time travel was so confusing!

"Good," said Dumbledore. "You will need to take this assessment first," he said handing him the parchment. "Are you ready?"

Harry nodded.

"Good. You have 30 minutes to complete it. Begin..."

Harry took his first look at the parchment. The first question was:
What is the difference between an animagus and a werewolf?
Harry smirked to himself. The test was quite easy! He thought to himself, as he quickly scribbled down the answer, and moved on to the next questions. He had to guess a few, but knew the answers to nearly all of them and found the test relatively easy. He finished ten minutes early and checked it for any silly mistakes. Finally, time was up and Harry could relax.

Harry nervously walked over to Dumbledore's desk to hand him the parchment.

"Thank you, I'll give you your results shortly," Dumbledore said as his eyes scanned the paper. Soon, he layed the paper on the table indicating he was finished, looking up at Harry with a warm smile.

"Well, Mr..." Dumbledore began.

"Parker sir. Harry Parker."

"Mr Parker, you have done exceptionally well. You scored full marks. There have only been a few teachers who have done as exceptionally as you have... you really do seem to know the curriculum. Your performance in the test was much better than the last two teachers." he smiled.

Harry grinned at this, remembering the jinx that Voldemort had put on the post.

"Well, congratulations Harry. You are hired. Here is your time table. Would you like me to show your room?"

Harry knew exactly where it was since he had memorised the Marauders Map.

"Yes please Professor," he replied, playing dumb.

"Please call me Albus. We are both colleagues after all."

He and Albus both walked to his room, which was situated in the DADA wing near his office.

"Remember to check your timetable, Harry."

"Of course pro - Albus."

"And one more thing. You must be in the Great Hall at 7.45 pm sharp for the sorting. Your password for the room is Witherwings."

Harry nodded.

"Goodnight Harry," smiled Dumbledore, his eyes twinkling.

"Goodnight Albus," he answered and Dumbledore walked away.

"Witherwings," Harry muttered and walked into the room. It was fairly spacious and had a brown theme, to make it a house-neutral room. There was a double-sized bed right in the centre. Harry didn't wait for an extra second and hurled himself onto his bed. His arms and legs were spread out as if he were a starfish. He was alone now, and finally, his mind had time to think things through. Harry felt like a zombie. Being an Auror meant having to sacrifice 2-3 hours of sleep every night. Hopefully being a teacher wouldn't be as hectic. Now, was the time to process his thoughts.

First things first, he was in 1977.
"1977," Harry repeated, letting that sink in. His parents were alive then. Actually, his parents are alive now, he corrected himself. He was even going to meet them tomorrow! Happiness and excitement flooded through him. He was determined to be the best teacher he could, especially to his parents. Harry was super excited to talk with his parents. The last time he spoke to them was 4 years ago when he used the resurrection stone, but they were ghostly unreal figures. He could see his parents tomorrow.

With that thought, his tiredness finally took over him and Harry fell asleep, going into a land of sweet dreams instead of his usual  nightmares.