Ch 4 - HARRY JAMES POTTER

A/N
And here's another chapter for you all! In this chapter, Harry talks to Ginny! I know that you all are waiting for Harry to meet James and Lily, they will see each other soon. Please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!
Published on 14/02/18
RABrav

The next day, Harry woke up at 11 am. This was probably the last day he that would be able to have a lie-in, since lessons started tomorrow. He went to the kitchen to grab some breakfast, then came back to his room to prepare his first lesson. After what felt like five minutes, but was actually five hours, he realised that it was 7.40pm, and the sorting would start in five minutes.

He sprinted down to the Great Hall - he was a very fast runner and was relieved to see that he arrived just in time. It was a completely new experience to sit at the teachers' table in the Great Hall. There, he got to meet the other teachers. McGonagall taught transfiguration (as always), Professor Slughorn taught potions, Professor Vablatsky taught Divination, Flitwick still taught charms, Professor Sprout taught Herbology, Kettleburn taught Care of magical creatures, Arithmancy was still taught by Professor Vector, and History of Magic was by Professor Binns, as he always did.

He looked over at the Gryffindor table to see his mother sitting with Marlene McKinnon, Alice Longbottom, well, Alice Prewitt rather, and Frank Longbottom. He could also see the Marauders laughing happily. Harry smiled. Sirius's grey eyes were filled with happiness and mischief; they had a shine that Harry had never seen before. James's death and Sirius's imprisonment in Azkaban must have done so much damage to poor Sirius, making his eyes look constantly dark, dull and even slightly gaunt. It was amazing to see Lupin, his former Professor so young and handsome. His robes were slightly tattered as always, but his smile was a lot brighter than Harry had ever seen. Then, there was his father. This was the first time he properly saw him, apart from the ghostly figure that was created by the resurrection stone. Harry observed James's mannerisms, like the way he ran his fingers through his hair, or just his smile and Harry felt like he was staring at his twin. No wonder everyone told him how alike he and his father were...

Once the feast was over, Harry returned to his room and looked at his timetable. It was Friday tomorrow, and first, he had the third year Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs and then had double DADA with 7th year Gryffindors and Slytherins. That was lucky. He would get to teach his own parents tomorrow. How weird did that sound? He was going to order his parents, telling them what to do! He laughed silently to himself.

Soon, went back to preparing for his lessons - Merlin, was he turning into Hermione? He only wanted the students to have a good impression of him. He wanted his students to come out of their first lesson with him and say, 'that was a bloody brilliant lesson!' He wanted them to think of Harry, just how he thought of Professor Lupin.

An hour later, Harry was content with the amount of work he had done and laid back in his bed. He tossed and turned, trying to get comfortable, and tried very hard to lose himself and doze off. But Harry couldn't, no matter how hard he tried. He had prepared all his lessons for the next two days, so what else did he need to do? Why did he feel as though he was forgetting something? Then it came to him, in a blinding flash.

Ginny!

Oh Merlin, he forgot to tell Ginny where he was going! Harry could imagine her flooing to the Ministry every 10 minutes to search for him, scanning every inch of the house to see if Harry had left her a letter, and her frantic calls to Ron and Hermione, asking them when whether he had told them where he had gone...

His heart broke for Ginny. How could he have forgotten her? He hated it when she was worried or sad. And right now, she must have been feeling so anxious. Harry racked his brains, trying to think of a way to contact Ginny without using the time turner. If he used it too often, then something could go wrong. After all, time turners are extremely fragile. He had his mobile phone, but such muggle devices didn't work at Hogwarts. Floo Powder and apparition were obviously a no. Patronuses.... would they work? Could they travel through time? It was worth a try.

"Expecto Patronum!" Harry shouted and his stag appeared.
"Um, take this To Ginny Weasley, she lives in the future in the year 2000, September 1st." He hoped it would work. "Dear Ginny, I know you're worried about me, but I'm completely fine. Er, how do I explain this? Well, long story short, McGonagall has sent me back in time to teach Defence Against the Dark arts at Hogwarts. I got here with a time turner, and I'm in 1977, September 1st in my parents' seventh year. And I probably won't be able to contact you often, since every step I take could change something in the future. But don't worry, I promise that I won't mess up. And even if something does slip, I will obliviate them. Please please please don't be mad Gin. I didn't exactly have a choice. I hope this message gets to you, and if it does, please send me a reply with your horse, and ask it to send the Patronus to September 1st, 1977. Hope you're well, Love Harry."

A few moments later, a white horse appeared in the room. Harry smiled. It was so beautiful. A second later, it started to speak.
"Hi Harry, it's good to know that you're safe and at Hogwarts, since you DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME WHERE YOU WERE GOING OR WHEN YOU WOULD COME BACK! WHY DIDN'T YOU BOTHER TELLING ME EARLIER? HARRY JAMES POTTER, HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME? YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT, TRAVELLING FOR SUCH A LONG TIME SPAN!!! NO NOTE, BED EMPTY, INVISIBILITY CLOAK GONE! YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING!" Harry winced at her furiosity, hoping no one was at the corridor outside, but also grinned as she strongly reminded him of Molly Weasley. She was now taking deep breaths, probably counting to ten in her head. Then she started talking again. "You absolutely deserve all that yelling, you great twatwaffle! But I'm really glad that you're safe. Love you, Ginny!" With that, the doe vanished into thin air.

A split-second later, there was a knock on the door. Great. Someone had been listening. Harry went to open the door, and there, he saw his mother, Lily. Merlin. This was his mother!

"Yes?" he said.

"Professor Parker, Professor Dumbledore wants to speak with you," she told.

"Thank you for letting me know miss -"

"Evans sir."

Harry was about to say Potter instead if Evans. Thank Merlin she cut me off, thought Harry.

"Oh and his password is Honeydukes," she said.

"Thank you, Lily," he replied, and she turned around and left. Harry still stood at the door, watching Lily go. That was his mother whom he had just spoken to, and was healthy and alive. He flopped onto his bed, head in his hands. His mother was alive. He couldn't believe it.