Chapter 16 - •A Memorable Carnival Day•

Ehe so I updated earlier that expected.

I'm sorry to keep you all waiting! Uhu
So here's another chapter! Enjoy! uwu!

_________________________________________________________________

"Hey watch it!"

"Sorry!"

"LOVE LOCKS! SECURE LOVE LOCKS WITH YOUR PARTNER HERE!"

"Would anyone like some cookies?"

Students were rushing everywhere inside and outside the campus hallways, setting up and promoting their own booths. Eventually Mr. Sanders thought it was a good idea to give an exam exemption to the booth who earned the most. Probably because they're gonna use the money for charity purposes.

If you look into our booth, however, you'll fine no progress at all.

"Ty, please start designing our booth. For the sake of our grades and for the sake of us all." I pleaded whilst draped on the couch

He sighed, "Fine. Just help me get the materials from the teachers' office."

"No need. I got them here." Grey suddenly appeared carrying a bunch of materials for the booth we're about to make. "They said we have to make it look like a prison cell and at the same time romantic."

"How could a prison cell be romantic, for crying out loud?" Tyler mumbled out of frustration and I rolled my eyes

"Just do it Tyler." I pleaded. "Please."

He groaned out a "Fine!" and started to dig up designs for the booth.

Currently, it was just the three of us. Jennifer was somewhere out there with her friends probably wandering around the rides and calculating the time to see how she could ride the romantic ones with Grey in a day. Charles was with his jock friends roaming around campus, oblivious to what his group is doing right now. Those two really give good contributions eh?

"Hey Chloe, could you pass me the scissors?" Grey suddenly asked, holding a cut out of a heart. I passed him the scissors without a word and without even looking at him, and he took them.

That's right. Cut that heart out like how you cut mine to pieces.

Kidding.

Not kidding.

"You know you two don't need to act around me. I know you two are best friends." Tyler commented. "Stop being awkward."

"We're not being awkward. This is how we interact when we're in public." I gave a big emphasis on the word 'public' and gave Tyler the fakest smile I could ever give

"Chloe." Tyler said in a low voice

"What? I'm just stating facts." I gave him a big smile followed by a death glare before turning back to arranging the fake cuffs in a box

"Alright peasants." Jennifer came strutting in with an annoyed look on her face and her hands on her waste— I mean waist. "Apparently I've passed by Mr. Roberts and he warned me that if we couldn't raise a single cent in this fundraising thing, he would fail us in homeroom."

"How embarrassing would it be to have a failing grade in homeroom." Tyler mumbled to himself and I tried to hide a laugh

With that threat, we started to move faster in decorating the stupid booth. Because of the stupid threat, we managed to finish it in 10 minutes. Surprisingly it looked okay. Tyler did a pretty good job in painting the booth walls, making it look like a jail cell.