Stuck With You

Weeks have passed since my little stunt with Gabe in front of everyone. I finally started talking to Lee and Kenny once more but warned them that if they ever did anything like that again, they'd wish they'd never been born. The others still don't believe that Gabe can turn into a wolf and he doesn't seem to bothered by it. Speaking of Gabe.......

He hasn't spoke a word to me since I kissed him.

I've tried cornering him multiple times but, he somehow slips away just before I can talk to him. Hell, Gabe doesn't even make eye contact with me and it's tearing me apart. He has his own room/cell across the prison and he spends most of his time in it. Javi and Kate tell me that he's just going through some stuff right now and needs space. I don't know if he's avoiding me because of Lee or that he thinks that I only kissed him in spite of Lee.

But, I'm going to him tonight to clear things up and finally tell him about my feelings towards him.

My heart has been jittery all day and I can't control it because I'm really fucking nervous. I haven't felt this way around a guy since Luke and this is way worse than Luke because Gabe has told me he loved me. Just thinking about Gabe saying that has my heart pounding and my blood rushing to my face. I could barely eat breakfast because I kept looking for Gabe but, he didn't come down to eat. I asked Javi where he was and Javi said something about Gabe getting sick and weak. I immediately jumped up to go check on him but Javi held me down and told me it had to do with his other side. Although I was reluctant to let Gabe suffer, I sat back down and poked at my breakfast.

The day passed quickly, I helped Kate make rounds and check on the walls and her garden she's been working on. Tripp and Eleanor went on a run to look for medical supplies and the guys took inventory of the weapons and ammo. Gabe hasn't been out of his room all day and my worried look didn't get by Kate as she finished up watering the vegetables.

"He's fine, Clementine. I checked him this morning and he was running a slight fever so I told him to stay in bed. I think he's been having nightmares about being tied up and tortured by David. But, he'll get through it like he always does and then he'll be fine. Don't worry too much, Okay?"

I nodded my head and we finished up the rest of our chores before going to wash up for dinner. I put on a simple white tank top that clung to me and a pair of clean blue jeans along with a pair of converse. I tied back my hair in a short ponytail and made a mental reminder to ask Javi for a trim later. Dinner was simple, some spaghetti with a loaf of bread that Javi made from scratch. I ate fast and careful, trying not to let any food get on my clothes because I was going to see Gabe right after this. I cleaned my plate and grabbed some for Gabe before making my way to his room.

The walk to Gabe's cell was spent in silence as I began to think about how I was going to start the conversation. I couldn't just confess as soon as I seen him and not look like a moron. Before I knew it, I was standing outside of Gabe's room and there was a sheet up for his privacy. I was about to go in but, a groan caught my attention and made me freeze. Then, I heard Gabe mutter silently to himself.

"No, please stop. I didn't hurt her. Please, don't do this."

After hearing that, I grabbed the sheet and pulled it to the side before entering the cell. Gabe was only wearing a pair of basketball shorts and curled up in a ball on his bed, sweating profusely and tossing and turning around. I sat down his plate of food on a chair that was beside the bed and tried shaking Gabe awake.

"Gabe, wake up. It's just a dream. Come on, wake up."

"DON'T TOUCH ME!"

Gabe sprung up and gripped my throat tightly with his hand. His eyes were wide and his pupils were little slits. His mouth was snarling and I could see his teeth begin to grow into canines. My hands tried taking Gabe's hand off my throat but it was pointless and I began to choke from the grip.

"Gabe....it..s...m-e....Clem."

I barely managed to spit out the words but they seemed to do the trick as Gabe's hold on me loosened and I could breath. Gabe shook his head and his features returned to normal.

"Oh my god, Clementine! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"

Gabe tried scooting away from me and his body started to shake as he looked away from me. I swallowed thickly and rubbed my neck before moving closer to Gabe and placing my hand on his bare shoulder. He flinched at the contact and tried scooting even farther away but ran out of room.

"Gabe, it's fine. I'm fine. Are you alright? What was your dream about?"

Gabe gave me a look out of the corner of his eye but quickly looked away once more.

"I was chained up again. I had blood all over me and everyone surrounded me. They said I ripped you apart and killed you. They put barbed wire all around my body so I couldn't escape and then they poured gasoline on me before lighting me on fire."

I was taken back hearing Gabe's dream and immediately captured him in a hug. He stiffened at the contact and I knew it was because of the dream.

"Gabe, you would never hurt me and you know that. And I would never let them do that to you again."

Gabe buried his head into my shoulder and I felt him mutter into it.

"But, why? Why me? I'm a beast and a monster "

It was my turn to stiffen and I knew it was time to confess.

"Because I love you, Gabe. I love both sides of you and I always will."

I closed my eyes as a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I felt Gabe move around and opened my eyes to find him inches away from my face. His golden eyes were staring deeply into mine, as if trying to see if I was telling the truth. Realization passed through his eyes and that smile of his grew on his face.

"Really? You really love me? If you say yes, there's no going back. You're stuck with me for life because I can't love again, Clementine. You will be mine and I will be yours, are you sure about this?"

I sighed in exasperation and wrapped my arms around his neck. My face moved closer to his before giving the obvious answer to his question.

"You're going to be stuck with me and my attitude as well. So, I guess we're even. And I've never been more sure about anything else in my life. I love you, Gabriel Garcia."

His lips smashed against mine as the last words slipped easily from my mouth. My fingers ran up his neck and into his hair, gripping it tightly as Gabe deepened the kiss. I felt his hands grip my sides before sliding around to my back, running them up and down it. I shivered at the contact and could feel warmth radiating from his body and tried to get closer to him. We finally broke apart for air but I stayed close to Gabe and rested my forehead against his. I smiled at him and brought him into a hug.

"So, I guess you're stuck with me."

I felt Gabe chuckle under me and it sent a chill up my spine. He gripped me closer and his hand rubbed circles on my back.

"And you're stuck with me."