Faint

"Are we there yet? I gotta peeeeeeee."

"You should've went when WE STOPPED 5 MINUETS AGO!"

"But, I didn't have to go then."

"I'm going to fucking murder you."

We'd been riding in the RV while Molly drove us to Macon, where she supposedly had a community. She still wouldn't tell me who was there and I couldn't stand it. Just like Molly couldn't stand Russell's whining. It's not a long trip but, Russell's bitchin has made it awful. The vehicle got quiet and I thought he finally gave up when he let out a long and annoying sound. Molly slammed on the brakes and pulled the RV over.

"THAT'S IT!"

Molly literally bolted up from the drivers seat and tackled Russell out of his own seat.

"NO! WAIT, I'LL STOP. BECCA, HELP!"

Becca turned her head away to hide her laughter as Molly grabbed some rope and duct tape. Russell was tied down with rope and had a piece of tape over his mouth. Molly seemed satisfied with her work and went back to sit behind the steering and we were off once more. Shel, who was in the passenger seat, looked at Molly with disbelief written on her face before a smile covered it up.

"I think I love you."

I couldn't take it anymore and started laughing until tears were streaming down my face. The others joined in and Russell watched us with a mean glare directed at us.

The rest of the ride was filled with stories as Molly told us about her adventures and what she's been up to for the last 10 years. I always loved listening to others tell stories about themselves and what they've been thought, it helps me understand them more. I must've spaced off because we had pulled into a very familiar looking motel but, it was looking a lot more secure since the last time I seen it. Car hoods were welded together and wrapped around the motel like a steel wall. There was also fencing in front of the wall that and it's almost looks like it's sparking.

"Well, here we are. Home sweet home."

Molly pulls the RV inside the compound as a large portion of the wall is moved to the side, leaving a massive entrance. The parking lot of the motel has been cleared and there are a couple of tents set up. Molly parks the RV to the side, releases Russell from the binding, and smiles at me.

"You ready for this?"

"More than ever."

Molly exits the RV with us in tow and calls out.

"HEY! ANYONE HOME?"

"QUIT YOUR GODDAMN SHOUTIN!"

Molly looks back at us with a smile as a voice answers her and we hear a door open and close. I whip around at the sound and nearly cry as I see who it is.

"KENNY!"

"WHO IS STILL SHOU- Clementine? HOLY SHIT!"

I sprint towards Kenny and tackle him in a hug. He laughs and returns the hug with enthusiasm. I pull away as others come out to see what the commotion is and I'm dumbfounded.

"Holy shit. You're alive?"

Lilly crosses her arms in front of her and cocks an eyebrow at me.

"Do I know you?"

Kenny laughs from beside and ruffles my short hair.

"You do look different without your hat, Clem."

Panic shoots through me as I realize I left my hat at the hotel in Savannah. Lilly must recognize me because she, surprisingly, rushes towards me for a hug.

"Oh my god. Clementine, YOU'RE ALIVE!"

I laugh and squeeze Lilly tighter and she pulls back to look at me.

"Wow, you grew up. Lee is going to flip shit when he sees you."

My heart stops beating as I hear Lilly say Lee's name.

"He's alive? Lee's ALIVE?!"

"He sure is and he's been looking for you."

I quickly look around to see if he's come out but, don't see him. I only see a woman and man looking at me with a strange expression on their face. Kenny sees me searching for Lee and quickly reassures me.

"He's on his weekly run. Lee has been doing these runs ever since you and him got separated. Boy, he is going to be pissed when he realizes he didn't find you first. He'll be back before dinner so, don't worry. Now, let's get you and your friends settled in."

Kenny and the others took us in with open arms. They fed us, watered us, and gave us each a room. They also had told us there is a running water but, it wasn't very warm. I didn't even care because a shower is a shower and I was grateful for anything. After my shower, I decided to take a quick nap and be rested up when I finally seen Lee. My heart sped up when I realized that I was actually going to see Lee. After 10 long years, I was meeting Lee again.

Please, don't let this be a dream.

"Hey, Clem. Wake up! Lee should be back any minute now and I wanna mess with him."

Kenny woke me up and started tugging me out of my room. I rubbed my eyes to wipe away the sleep and grew ecstatic. Kenny told me to go hide behind our RV and to jump out when he says my name. I got into Place and the others would greet Lee normally and introduce themselves. The sound of the entrance being opened made my heart start racing and I could feel myself become jittery. Becca, Russell, Shel introduced themselves to Lee and his voice was just like I remembered. I peeked around the corner to catch a glimpse of Lee and my jaw dropped.

Why is Lee kissing Lilly?!?!

Lee and Lilly broke apart and Kenny comes up behind Lee and slaps his shoulder.

"Any luck with your search?"

I seen Lee become sad and his voice dropped.

"No. But, I know she's out there and I'm going to find her."

Kenny lightly smirks before covering it up by scratching his beard.

"Well, I sure do miss Clementine!"

That's my cue.

I stepped out from my hiding spot as Lee was about to respond to Kenny's comment and he stops upon seeing me. I walk closer to him and stop within a couple feet of him and his eyes widen.

"Hi, Lee."

Thump!

Lee collapsed to the ground and Kenny laughs as Lilly kneels to check on him.

"Fuck I knew he'd be surprised but, I didn't expect the old bastard to faint!"