Who Exactly Is Lee?

"Clementine, which way do I turn?"

"Make a hard right at the next stop sign."

Shel took the turn a little too hard and I could hear Russell cursing us both as he was flung out of his seat. Becca was smartly strapped in and looked smugly at Russell. He rolled his eyes at her and sat back in his seat for a moment before buckling up. They acted like they were just kinda friends and all but, I caught them making out in the woods like two days ago. So, they can't fool me with their gross love/hate flirting.

"Hey, Clemtim. How close are we to this hotel you talked about?"

I let out a frustrated groan as Becca called me by an absurd nickname and shot her a glare.

"About 25 more miles, Becca. And don't call me that."

"Whatever you say, Clemtim."

I promptly flipped her the bird before turning back towards the town we were going through. Darien was a old town near Savannah and didn't have much to look at. There were hardly any walkers in small towns because there was no food for them there. I found the scene to be relaxing and it almost felt like the dead wasn't roaming the earth.

We had been driving for nearly a week now and getting closer and closer to Savannah. I was getting restless and wanting to get there already and look for Lee. Shel must've noticed my sudden fidgeting because she sent a smile towards me.

"So, Clem. Who exactly was this Lee guy to you? You talked a little bit about him but, not very much."

I smiled a little at the thought of Lee and finding him before beginning to tell the others more about Lee.

"Well, he's the one that saved me from being left alone and probably getting eaten when I was eight. He had just come from a car accident and wandered into my yard. Lee took me along with him and we traveled around with people, trying to find a safe place. We met a family that I really liked and became really close to them. We started up a community at a motel in Macon, Georgia. It went good until hunters tried killing us and then we went with these other people to their dairy farm. We all thought it was a great place until...."

I shuddered at the thought of what almost happened that night and took a deep breath in.

"Our friend Mark was shot by a hunter and the owner of the farm said she'd take care of him. We thought she did and we all sat down to eat dinner. I had the meat so close to my mouth and then Lee came bursting into the room, screaming at me not to eat it. Our friend Mark crawled into the dining room with his legs chopped off. They cut up Mark and was going to feed him to us. Almost everyone else ate the meat but, not me because Lee stopped me."

"Jesus fucking Christ! They ate people like the walkers?!" What the fuck?!"

I smiled faintly at Russell's outburst and continued my story of Lee.

"After that we left and came across this car that was loaded with food and supplies. It was obvious that it was someone's stuff and they were coming back but, the others just took it. Me and Lee didn't take part in it and went a little hungry that night and the next day. Next, we traveled some more and my friend Duck was bit just as we had found a working train. Kenny, his dad, didn't listen and wanted to keep him longer. We made it ten miles in the train when it was time for Duck to go and his mom took him into the woods with a gun. We all heard the shot but, no one came back. Kenny and Lee went to look for Katjaa, his wife and Ducks mom, only to find her with a bullet in her head and Duck still barely alive."

"Oh my god, Clem. That's awful."

I nodded my head in agreement and went on as Shel kept driving.

"Lee was the one to put Duck down and that day he taught me how to shoot a gun and to keep my hair short. We make it to Savannah and run into some new friends, Vernon and Molly. Kenny wanted to find a boat and get out of there and on the water, thinking it would be better. We found a boat but, needed a battery and gas. Molly snuck us all in a very bad community and we got the gas and battery. The whole time this was happening, I was talking to a man on a walkie talkie that said he knew where my parents were and would help me."

"Oh, Clementine. You didn't."

I nodded my head that I indeed did and continued my story.

"Yeah, I went with the man to the hotel where we are going. Turns out he was the man who owned the vehicle and supplies the others stole from after the dairy farm. He had a wife and kid that died because they took their food. He held me captive and Lee had to come and save me. Lee was covered in walker guts and looking rough and pissed. I struck the guy in the should with a meat cleaver and Lee tackled him to the floor. I put a bullet in his head and we left the hotel, both covered in walker guts and walking right by them. But, as we were walking, I seen my dead parents as walkers and made a sound at the sight."

Shel had pulled over the RV and they were all huddle up beside me as I was about to finish up the story.

"Lee kept me quiet and we went to this convenient store to take a break. But, I wasn't watching and the walkers got in and we were back outside and trying to get away from them. A walker was headed straight for us so, we had to break apart and we got separated. I tried running for Lee but, a walker grabbed me and out cover was blown. Lee lead the walkers off and told me to run. I did and that was the last time I saw him, it's been 10 years. But, I know he's alive because I can feel it."

After I finished up, I looked at their faces and seen different expressions. Becca was awestruck, Russell held a surprised face, and Shel was almost in tears. It was quiet for a moment until Shel sniffled a bit and gave me a smile before slamming on the gas and speeding off.

"Let's go fucking find Lee!"