Tame

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was the smell of wet dog. The next thing I noticed was puffs of hot air being blown in my face. My face scrunched up as I began to wake up and my eyes cracked open to see what had woken me up. The sight that greeted me almost sent me flailing out of bed.

The wolf was standing right in front of my face and peering at me with an almost pleading expression. I reared my head away from his cold wet nose and sat up. The wolf sat down and started whining at me while pawing my legs. I looked at my wrist watch laying on the nightstand and seen that it was almost 8 in the morning.

"Ugh, why did you wake me up?"

The wolf then stood up and went over to the window and whined once more. It was like a light bulb went off above my head as I realized what he wanted.

"You need to go outside?"

A whine was my answer and I got up and opened the window. Lilly hasn't boarded the window up all the way and left some space for the wolf to get out. The window slid open with ease and the wolf slipped out as I turned away to go to the bathroom myself in my own bathroom. I finished up and I heard the wolf shake around and then a kind of squishing sound.

That better not be what I fucking think it is.

I exited the bathroom and my fears were confirmed. Apparently, it had rained the night before and was extremely muddy outside because the wolf was tracking mud in all throughout my room. After I thought that I couldn't get worse, the wolf then jumped onto my spare bed and smeared mud all over it.

"GET DOWN!"

The wolf's head snapped towards me at the sound of my shout and just stared. I stepped closer to him and he bowed down with his big tail wagging behind him. I shook my head at him and pointed to the floor.

"Down. Now. No, we're not playing."

He seemed to understand because he jumped off of the bed and sat down looking at me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair when I realized I would have to give him a bath. I waved my hand for him to follow me and we walked into the bathroom together. I was skeptical about how he would react with taking a bath but, he seemed almost exited to see the shower. I shrugged it off and turned on the water before grabbing some soap and a towel. I didn't even have to tell him to get in the bath because he jumped right in and under the water.

Man, this wolf is fucking weirding me out.

The bath turned out to be the easiest part because once we were done, he jumped out and ran away from the towel I was holding. I finally tackled the massive animal and towel dried him off. However, I didn't get but two swipes in when he pulled away and give me a mischievous. I realized too late what the look was for and could only hold up the towel and the wolf shook off the water left on him. The towel didn't do shit because I was still soaking wet after he finished shaking. I was about to curse him out but, was cut off by the sound of knocking at my door.

"Quick! Get in the bathroom!"

The wolf cocked its head at me before doing as he was told, which really freaked me out. Another knock at my door snapped me out of it and I bolted to it. I opened it slightly and seen Lee standing there with a concerned look on his face.

"Um hey, Clem. Lilly told me about your problem and I just wanted to ask if you needed anything specific on a run me and Kenny are about to go on."

"Oh. Well, no. I think I'm good actually. Thanks for asking though."

Lee nodded his head at my answer and turned to walk away.

"Okay, me and Kenny will be gone for about a day, maybe two. We're going to the state line and look through the stores there."

"Okay, be careful!"

"Always am!"

I closed my door and turned back to see the wolf eating his scraps from the night before. His fur has started to finally dry some and looked almost shiny. I was about to reach over and pet him when he suddenly started growling. His head had turned towards my window and, before I knew it, he was out it and attacking whatever was out there. I ran to my window to see the wolf extract it's extremely long and sharp looking claws into the throat of a walker. The one swipe of his claws sent the walkers head flying off of its body. I was left speechless at the action and the wolf turned and seen me watching him. The wolf seemed almost ashamed that I had seen him do that but, I couldn't tell.

"Come on, boy."

The wolf hopped back through my window and I closed it before turning back to the wolf. He was sitting down with his head bowed and his yellow eyes on the floor. I gently petted him and ran my fingers through his soft fur. I looked down at his bandaged leg and took off the gauze to see nothing but a scar. I'm not even surprised that his wound already healed. I pulled it's big and heavy head up and my hands came across something that felt like a belt around his neck. I felt around until my hands found the buckle of the strap and a black collar fell on the floor. I picked it up and seen it had a dog tag attached with something engraved on it.

My Name Is Gabe
If Found Please Return To Javi Garcia