In The Beginning

(End of Season One)

"You son of a bitch! Just go away, die!"

Bang!

The gun had went off before I even knew I pulled the trigger. The bad man slumped dead over Lee and he shoved him off and stood. My eyes remained focused on the man I just shot and my arms were still outstretched with the gun shaking in my palms. They finally dropped to my side as Lee approached me and I dropped the gun.

"I......I....I.."

My voice quivered from shock of what I had just done and Lee took me into his arms. He whispered comforting words in me ear to soothe me and I pulled back and looked at him. He was covered in the dark blood and reeked like something dead.

"You look horrible."

"That's what he said."

My nose scrunched up as I got another smell of Lee.

"You don't smell good. Let's go somewhere safe."

Lee gave me sweet smile and stood up, grabbing the gun I dropped as well, with his hand outstretched for me to take. I did so without hesitation and we walked down the hallway.

"That's the best idea I've heard all day."

We walked hand in hand to the exit of the motel and I heard the groans from the monsters. A shiver ran down my spine at the sound and Lee noticed.

"It's okay, sweet pea. I know a way to get by them but, you probably won't like it."

I began to worry about what we would have to do and watched Lee walk over to the front desk, where a dead monster was slouched on the desk. Lee walked cautiously over to it with his knife ready to kill but, the monster didn't move as Lee nudged it. Lee looked my way and motioned me over as he laid the monster on the floor. I felt sick as Lee cut open the monster and smudged it's blood all over me. He wiped a little bit on my cheek and then pulled me into a gross hug.

"Clementine, they won't bother you unless you make a sound. And if we get separated, I want you to go find Christa and Omid on the outskirts of town. Okay?"

I nodded my head in understanding and we made our way out of the hotel. The monsters came very close to me but, I stayed quiet. We were almost through them when I looked to the side. A whimper escaped my mouth as I seen my mom and dad but, Lee quickly took my hand and squeezed it. I shut my eyes and turned my head away from them. We walked for a couple more minutes until finally reaching a empty convenient store.

"Is that all of them? Do we have to walk through more?"

Lee looked down at me and gave me a worried look.

"I'm not sure, Clem. But, we'll get through them."

I nodded my head and looked around for some food or drinks. My eyes spotted a can of peaches and as I was reaching for it, Lee grabbed me and ran outside. A whole bunch of the monsters were coming in the store and we pushed our way through them. My hand never let go of Lee's but, as we came closer to the edge of a street, a couple of monsters walked straight in front of us. Lee gave me a look and I knew what had to be done. I gave Lee's hand one last squeeze before letting go and getting out of the way for the monsters to pass us. All had passed besides one that was walking pretty slow and I made a short sprint over to Lee.

"Clem! No!"

I didn't know what Lee was yelling about until a gross feeling hand gripped my shoulder. I turned my head just in time to see the slow monster trying to bite my arm. A knife was quickly sunk into its head and I was pushed towards the end of town. I looked back to see the monsters piling around Lee as he fought his way through them. I cried out for him and he waved for me to run away.

"Go find Christa and Omid!"

I didn't want to leave Lee again and be alone but, he looked angry as he still seen me standing still. I will never forget the words he said after that.

"Clementine, I will find you! Now GO!"

I whispered goodbye to Lee and, with tears in my eyes, I turned and ran. I didn't look back once and ran until I found an open field with a log. I sat down and cried to myself before realizing that Lee would want me to stay strong and move on. I wiped my tears and stood on shaky legs, looking out in the field. The sun was starting to set and it was getting harder to see but, I spotted two figures walking through the field. With a deep breath in, I picked up my bag and started walking towards the figures.