The Reveal

I swear I had the best sleep of my life last night. After patching up G and making a pillow divider between us, I went right to sleep and had a dreamless rest. But I guess sometime during the night, one of us completely destroyed the barrier and moved closer together. When my eyes opened the first thing I noticed was an arm around my neck. It wasn't choking me or anything, just thrown across me in a careless manner. I knew it wasn't my own arm because it had old scars around the wrist and the skin was nearly mangled. After studying the arm for a moment, I finally realized that the other arm was wrapped around my waist and a body was pressed tightly against my back. And then, I flipped shit.

"AHH! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

I completely rolled out of bed and would've fell on the floor if an arm hadn't shot out and pulled me back. I was face to face with G and he frowned sleepily at me.

"Clem, why are you screaming? It's not even light outside yet."

I blushed bright red as I discovered he was still only in a towel that was threatening to fall off his hips. I jerked upright and hopped out of bed before standing at the foot of the bed. G sat up and rubbed his eyes free of sleep, the covers and towel pooling dangerously low on him and it looking like he was naked. I opened my mouth to tell him to cover up but, my front door bursted open and almost everyone came charging into my apartment.

Lee, Kenny, Becca, Shel, Russell, Lilly, Holly, Javi, and Kate came in with their weapons drawn and looking for what made me scream. Thankfully, I was still dressed but G wasn't in the slightest. And that looked very, very bad because he was in my bed. Lee was the first to look between me and G with a shocked/angry expression on his face.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?! CLEMENTINE, EXPLAIN NOW!"

I started stuttering and trying to spit out an explanation but before any actual words came out, Lee lunged toward G.

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

"NO, LEE! WAIT!"

Javi manage to grab Lee before he could attack G and Kenny helped hold him back. Although, Kenny looked pretty pissed too. G flew out of bed and stood beside me, holding tightly onto his towel.

"I can explain! Just wait and don't kill me!"

Lee shrugged off the guys' hold they had on him and crossed his arms in front of him, still looking pissed off. Javi looked oddly at G and Kate seemed to be smiling?

Huh. What's up with them two?"

My attention was quickly brought back to Lee and G as Lee tightly grasped his gun and had his finger on the trigger. G stepped slightly closer to me and our arms were brushing against each other. I took in a calming breath and gestured with my hands for everyone to calm down.

"Alright, let's all just calm the fuck down. I know this looks bad but, let me explain. G was the one who saved me both times in the woods. The first was when I took that fall down the hill and the second was with the bear that he killed, not me. He came to me last night and was nearly covered in blood because of some cuts. I stitched him up and then we went to bed. I had to take off his clothes because I couldn't dress his wounds with them on. That's it."

Lee seemed skeptical of my explanation but, I looked at him intensely and he caved.

"Fine! Whatever! I'm going back to bed! But, you best get your ass in some clothes or you'll be wishing that you bled out last night."

After that, Lee turned around and went back out of my apartment. Lilly gave me a sly smile at me and G before following Lee. The others slowly made their way out of my apartment and back to bed, except for Javi and Kate. Javi leaned down to G's boxers and threw them at him. G caught them and went to bathroom to change, leaving me with Javi and Kate. It was pretty awkward to say the least and then not talking only made it worse. G soon came back out and Kate immediately enveloped him in a hug that he returned. Javi watched them with a smile and I was fucking lost.

"Pardon my language but, what in the actual fuck is going on here? How do you guys know each other?"

Kate pulled away from G with tears in her eyes but, a smile planted on her face.

"Well, I wouldn't forget my son."

"Your what now? I thought Gabe....was..your...son."

The pieces slowly came together in my mind and I was baffled.

G stands for Gabe. I'm so fucking stupid.

"HOLD UP!"

My head began to hurt as I took in all the information and tried to connect everything. I closed my eyes as a pounding started to occur and I felt queasy. A hand touched my head and I opened my eyes to see G, no Gabe, looking concerned at me. His golden eyes were soft and my headache just became a soft throb. Gabe then smiled at me before turning back to Kate and Javi.

"We still have a couple hours til daylight and should get some more sleep, how about we talk about this after breakfast?"

They both nodded at the proposition and left me alone with Gabe. I was slightly irritated they didn't take Gabe and he just jumped back into my bed and patted the spot beside him. I huffed in annoyance but, slid back into bed and built up the pillow wall once more. Gabe smirked at my action and turned on his side toward me, his golden eyes never looking away from me. My eyelids grew heavy and I slowly fell back asleep and I faintly heard Gabe say something.

"Talk to you soon, Clemmy."