My husband and I sat on the bench outside Catherine's room. Jacob stood right in front of us.*

"She's finally grown up, hasn't she darling?", I asked.

"She finally did. After all these years, I never knew being independent could change you.", my husband replied.

"That's because you never experienced such a thing called independence. You always rely on your wealth and status. Try to be poor for once in your life!", Jacob said in rage. My husband and I were utterly speechless.

"I'm sorry. I was just trying to let you understand what Catherine was trying to say.", Jacob apologized. My husband and I smiled at him and my husband stood up and faced Jacob.

"We understand how she feels. Don't worry. We, her parents, have also changed.". Jacob smiled

"I'll go talk to her.", I said. I stood up right away and entered Catherine's room. There I saw her sleeping on her bed and her best friend laying his head down, sleeping soundly beside her. That scene made me somehow relieved that it made me think that someone was there with my baby and protected her up until now. It was also the same for Margaret, Catherine's younger sister. But back then, we have forbidden Margaret to be with her best friend which made Margaret not take any medications. Because of that, Margaret's life got shorter and died in a month. I would and never forgive myself for being so cruel. I blamed myself for Margaret's death. This time, I won't make the same mistake. I'll make Catherine decide for herself. I won't be the old irresponsible mother I used to be.

"Mrs. McMillan?". I heard a deep yey soft voice coming from in front of me. I approached and I saw Catherine's best friend already awake.

"Dylan, I see you're awake."

"Yes, I am. I'm sorry. I'd better go now.", Dylan tried to excuse himself but I stopped him from doing so.

"Please. Stay.", I told him and he sat back again. I looked at Catherine sleeping soundly despite all the wires attached to her. This must be because of this boy.

"I've never seen her sleep so soundly like this before. In fact, she doesn't usually come home back then. She always hangs out with her gang and always party with them.", I opened up and he listened.

"Did you know that she used to be in the fraternity? Did you know that she used to take drugs and smoke? Did you know how foul mouthed and hot tempered she is? That's why my husband and I tried our best to discipline her but instead, she got worst.", I continued.

"But look at her now. She's really changed. I can tell by how she sleeps. She looks so beautiful now.", I continued and I suddenly got teary eyed.

"Why are you telling me all this Mrs. McMillan?", he asked. I chuckled and placed my hand on top of his shoulder.

"She may be stubborn, impatient, hot tempered, and foul mouthed but she's the best thing you could ever have. Dylan, young man, whatever your relationship is with my daughter, please don't leave her. I'm not asking as someone in authority, but I'm asking as Catherine's mother.", I asked. He looked at Catherine who was sleeping soundly and looked back at me.

"It's like what I had said to her, I may be no super hero, but I'll try to be one just for her.", Dylan replied. I felt so relieved and I hugged him.

"Thank you.", I said. I pulled away and composed myself.

"I'll go now. Just tell her how much my husband and I are so proud of her."

"I will, Mrs. McMillan.", he replied amd I exited the room. I pray for Catherine's recovery.

--------------------------------------

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

--------------------------------------

I woke up early morning in the same room. I looked around and it felt so dull. There were wires attached to me, a plastic wire thingy attached to my nose, the scent of chemicals in the air. Yup, this is the hospital alright. I sat up and I faced to my right, Dylan was sleeping. I smiled and I patted his head.

"You're hair is growing longer.", I whispered. I looked at the sides of the bed, strands of hair were all over the place. My eyes widened in shock and I got hold of some strands of hair. I started to tremble for fear had slowly devoured myself. I was shaking as I began to cry in pain and fear - the fear of dying and being away from Dylan. I couldn't die yet! I still have many plans in life. It is only when I am ill, I realize how short life is. This is so unfair. I want to live. I want to be by Dylan's side forever.

"I don't want to die.", I whispered to myself as soft sobs echoed throught the room.

----------------------------------

Will Catherine be able to survive? Stay tuned on the next chapters of UMBRELLA! :)

Ugh.... what an emotional chapter. Anyway, how's this chapter guys? Do you want Catherine to survive? Let me know through the comments :)

-SophiaMission