Chapter 26

The noisy beeping sound of a heartbeat machine filled your ears and caused your eyes to scrunched from the irritating noise that interrupted your peaceful slumber. You slowly opened your eyes and regretted your decision as you were blinded by the bright light directly shining down on you.

Troy.

You shut it close again with a groan, raising one of your hands and searched for the lamp that you knew was purposely moved closely in front of your face. Once your hand felt the surface of the lamp, you pushed it away allowing access to finally open your eyes.

Your blurry vision focused back again, it was as you expected in a hospital. IV cord connected at the back of your palms, clean white walls, empty leather seats at the side of the room -as expected- and the smell of strong disinfectant entering your nostrils.

You heard the door in front of your bed swing open and see Troy's annoying face welcoming you. You squinted your eyes at him.

"What?" He asked innocently, moving his attention beside you and saw the hospital lamp been moved away and turned off.

He smiled sheepishly. "Liked my surprise?" He teased, approaching you.

You rolled you're eyes at him, annoyed. "How many times do I have to tel-"

You were cut off by arms wrapped around your shoulders. You blinked, dumbfounded at Troy' s surprising affection. He pulled away, staring at your E/C orbs.

"You don't know how much I missed you, you little fucker." Troy gave you a soft smile.

You chuckled at him, placing a hand on his head and messed with his hair. "Don't go softie on me now, you're going out of character."

"Come on, just for once let me be sweet to you." He chuckled, playfully slapping your hand away. "Dude, I just fixed this hair."

You chuckled at him, watching him fix his hair running his fingers through his brown locks and putting some short hairs in a quiff. You wonder where did he get his brown hair while his brother got Raven hair.

Raven hair...

As if a brick thrown in your head in realization, you shoot your head towards your best friend, pulling him. "Hey wha-"

"Where's Lauren?!" You cut him off, clutching his collar.

Troy's lips slowly fell, his brown orbs roamed around the room avoiding your gaze that was like piercing his soul. You swing him back and forth to regain his attention.

"Where is she?!"

"She's in the opposite room," He blurted pointing outside the door. "She's...she's.." He trailed off, giving you a grim look as he slowly shook his head.

You grabbed the cord connecting on the needle that was pierced in your hand and pulled it off, ignoring the blood pouring out of the newly fresh wound while the other hand worked at the other cord that connects to the heart monitor.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Troy yelled in panic, pushing you back in your bed.

"Get out of the way!" You shoved him away and jumped off the bed, jogging out of your room.

You crossed the dark empty hallway, ignoring the freezing cold tiles under your bare feet and slammed the door to Lauren's room open. The sight of her figure invaded your vision. You stood by the door appalled, staring at unconscious woman, laying in her hospital bed like she was in a very deep sleep.