Chapter 16

It was all too familiar for you, the ear splitting screech of the tires on asphalt, the loud and constant honking of a vehicle as it signaled for a person to move out of the way, something smashing on a building, glass shattering and the sound of it scattering on the ground. The noise were enough to take you back to where it all the bad shits in life had begun, it was as if like a domino effect that one thing took its fall and the others go down as well in all directions, All bad things happened to not only you but the twins as well.

The sound of a flat and unending beep of the heart monitor echoed in your head, filling your ears like a hurtful sound that made you clutch your hand on both of your ears, shaking your head as you plead for it to stop.

It was not real.

It wasn't.

She's still alive, she must still be alive.

You cannot imagine a life without her.

As the double doors slammed open, there came rushing in a man dressed in white with three people in tow to assist him. You watched with teary, blurry eyes as he grabbed the defibrillator and positioned it specifically on her chest, her torso jolting forward every time the man yelled for a clear. It repeated on and on.

First jolt, nothing happened.

Second jolt, still nothing happened.

The third time was all it take for them to stop on their tracks and gave each other glances before the man in white raised an arm and pulled back his sleeve to check on his wrist watch. He finally looked back up, mumbling something inaudibly at his assistant's.

His attention turns to you as the nurses proceeds to do their own work and starts to walk towards your direction. Every time his foot connects on the ground when he walks was like a pound of your heart deafening your ears.